Experience with Hekate

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Elluir

Experience with Hekate

Post by Elluir »

I wanted to share an interesting experience I had with the Torchbearer.

Like some pagan's my fall revolves around Halloween/Samhain. I throw a party every year for friends from all walks. Its a way to immerse in the season and celebrate a time I feel extra close with Hekate. I tend to work with various gods/goddesses as I grow and change and need/give different things. Hekate is one of my constants though.

I said a small blessing by myself to Her before people attended - asking that She patron the gathering and help people feel the same love for the season I do, enjoy friendship and comradery - all that.

A partner of a good friend took it upon himself to bring drugs to the party (despite inquiring ahead of time and me shutting that down). It was just pot - but the gathering is a lot of work colleagues with medical licenses. Not the time/place. He's also a dick - never been a fan, typical disrespectful nonsense.

He had a few drinks and a few puffs the whole night outside at the fire. Nothing crazy. Towards the end of the night he got SICK. Throwing up in the bushes (and other places), had to be dragged to the car by his wife. Made a total fool of himself. The dark part of me relished in the instant karma (because I'm not always the bigger person inside). It hit me the next day however how unusual it is for someone not drunk and smoking a little pot (a combination not new to him) to have such a violent reaction. Marijuana is an anti-emetic if anything (I'm a pharmacist), and he barely drank. As soon as that thought crossed my mind I felt lips curl up in a smirk under a shadowy hood at the corner of my mind.

Disrespecting my house and gathering She was presiding over didn't work out too well for him. I'm sure there's 800 explanations for what happened that are viable, but I chose to believe She had my back. Sent chills down my spine.

Just thought I'd share.

-Elluir
Tutmosis

Re: Experience with Hekate

Post by Tutmosis »

Divine justice haha. Seems like a fitting punishment for being disrespectful
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

That's pretty cool of Hekate to slap him upside the head for you like that.
I haven't developed a relationship with the gods quite yet. I'm focusing on having a good bond with the elements first and just working with the God and the Goddess aspects of divinity to start before I get into the nitty-gritty of full pantheons.

ETA: Overshared. Sorry... :(
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I don't think that was an overshare. We're pretty spontaneous here.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”