Witches by blood

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
WitchyWhitney

Witches by blood

Post by WitchyWhitney »

I have read a lot recently and heard a lot about being a witch by blood line. Well here is my question, then I will tell the story.
My question is. How can you track down your heritage based on witchcraft?

The story - When I was in middle school my Aunt K mentioned witchcraft to me. Told me it was in our blood and that our direct decent were witches. That is what sparked me into the craft but my mother found out and I was so young, and living in a strict christian household I had to drop it. Well, then about 3 years ago I picked it back up. Because I can feel it in my bones its who I am. I got to talking with my other uncle and he mentioned how his wife ( my aunt N ) is a witch by blood and I should look into it because that would mean so am I.
I am just so curious about that part of me. Because I feel so strongly about the craft. About the love for nature and the sky.
Sorry in advance if this post should be somewhere else and thank you in advance for the help! :flyingwitch:
Hagerman420

Re: Witches by blood

Post by Hagerman420 »

I kind of feel the same way as you on that question, however, I am thinking that the logical way to do it would be to do up a family tree and then use the internet (Google) to cross reference the names.

I have done my mums side and their are hints of a witchy bunch scattered amongst the 4 different last names I managed to research on, plus info from my mother. apparently mum used to be into the craft but somewhere through restriction was forced to suppress her gift. She loves everything magical about the Christmas spirit, loves crystals and angles and fairies. shes is 60.

My dads side I have no idea, I can't really find out much unless I reconnect, I know we live long :P

Have a Good Day.
Be Happy Stay Happy :)
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

That would be something i would love to investigate as my mum used to believe and practice in her own way. Only my mum has tried to do a family tree and failed because of lack of info

fire and flames
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Genealogy has become much easier since Dna became databanked...

Ancestry.com is one of the main access points for this info...

However , I would as well speak to your uncle again , then your aunts ,
as that is personal contact , and they might have valuable info for you...

Approach them with respect regarding your questions , and you never
know what they might be willing to share...

Descent by bloodline of magical ability , can and has been long disputed
in pagan circles , yet there are many who swear by it...

It should not be "lorded over" someone , if they do not have a bloodline
which can , or has been traced , as study and practice , is even more
important , than latent ability , left to languish...use what one has ,
yet more , develop what one seeks...

There are reasons this is spoken of , in tradition...

I know those reasons , yet I shall say for now , this specific statement...

Magical Power Passed Down To Child By Wietch's Blood Line

( Old spelling of Witch , purposefully used , as the above statement is
a mathematical formula by letter number from an ancient code system )

Do your research...nothing is accomplished if action is not taken...good fortune !
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

WitchyWhitney wrote:How can you track down your heritage based on witchcraft?
I think a better question is, how are you going to invite your ancestors into your life?

Ancestors are very important not only in magick, but life in general. We are here because of them. They give us strength and teach us lessons. The protect us as well.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

At this point in my life, I'm an ancestor. I think there were abilities on both sides, but my parents were on the old side when I was born, so the people who would have known, are long gone.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

There are ways of getting in touch with the ancestors...

One of them is working with the old Wietch's Tree...

There are symbols , and songs , which can put you in touch
with ancestral energy , and one name for a gift given by the
underworld spirits , and ancestors , is Ashe'...

Here is an image of our ancient 11 dimensional Tree , with
the bottom two realms , being the Underworld , then Realm
of the Ancestors , below that...( copyright retained by me )

( I am going to be publishing videos and books on my Tradition )...

( anyone may copy and utilize with proper copyright : 2001Shawn Blackwolf )
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Hmmm...will not let me copy and paste an image I posted on another website...sorry !
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

WW, is there any reason you couldn't ask the aunt and that uncle what their references are? Have they passed on? They said "direct descent" so you don't have to go back too far if you know surnames and former locations. Families all have their lore. The witch link wouldn't be written down due to persecution, so family stories are the best way to go.

I don't think anyone has yet identified the DNA strand for the craft...blood type B-neg tends towards psychic phenomena. I read that when I was researching diseases associated with my blood type and figuring out helpful diet changes.

And "descent by lineage" does not always mean corporeal blood relations, but by coven ties at least a few hundred years back.
WitchyWhitney

Post by WitchyWhitney »

Thank you everyone for all the responses. I will get intouch mentally and spiritually. I feel like that may be the only way. I have my dads side tracked down to the first man and woman who settled in the states. However not so much my moms. I guess I will have to pray very hard on this one and pay attention to spirit! Thank you all again! :D
Blackemoon
Banned Member

Post by Blackemoon »

Merry meet. There are 2 ways to get Magickal power. 1 is 1 of your ancestors had it and passed it to you by the magick in their blood, but this often gets weaker in generations of non-use of magick. The other is it is in your soul. The magick will flow from your soul to your body and then can be passed on through blood. which can in turn pass magick to a soul that didn't have magick in past lives. So it can spread both ways. from soul to blood or blood to soul. There are cases where the magick doesn't pass on by blood as well if it was never bonded with the body and just the soul instead. I hope this is helpful. Blessed be.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Blackemoon, could you share a bit more of this lore? And where it comes from...it's interesting.
WitchyWhitney

Post by WitchyWhitney »

It has been so long since this post. I have had my DNA done with ancestry.com and I have found my real grandfather. I never knew I was Irish until now. This has sparked my connections and I feel like I am close to finding the history, my ancestors, and my path. I have done a lot of research and still have so much to do.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Interesting isn't it. I found out my Irish roots as well as a few others. Best wishes in your quest!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”