Singing Bowl

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Singing Bowl

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oo! Oo!
I've lusted after those brassy, resonating Tibetan bowls for like...forEVer! And I got one (happy dance) and it sounds wonderful. I can tap it with the wooden mallet for a ringing good clear tone, or run the mallet around and around the edge for a low, haunting tone that seems as if it comes out of thin air and is drawn TO the bowl, not emitted from the bowl. Oo! :mrgreen:

It's not a big one, just 5 inches, but that's quite comfortable. Whoa. It makes my sinuses and forehead vibrate when it really gets going. Now, this is a great way to cleanse sacred space!
It's also supposedly attuned to clearing the chakras. What a way to start the day...or last thing at night.

Gee, you'd think I'd be too old for this much fun from yet another spooky toy. Nah! :roll:

Does anyone have any tips on this?
corvidus

Re: Singing Bowl

Post by corvidus »

Put a small amount of water in it while you play (like, only a tablespoon), watch the cool geometry, and then drink the water ;)

Or try it with tea. Medicinal herb tea.

What frequency/note is it tuned to?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I dunno. I already put the box in the trash...eee-ew. And dumped old lettuce mush in there too. All I noticed on the box was that it cleansed all the chakras. I have no musical recognition... I flunked music in grade school, and again in high school. (The teachers suggested art instead. Aced that.) Shrug. All those dots and lines on a sheet of music made me dizzy. So I wouldn't be able to guess.

I played with the water when I washed it. Yes, that was cool. Thanks for the tea idea!

Edit- I pulled the box out of the trash to check. :roll: It doesn't give a specific tone.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Many moons ago , I spent time with my friend, Karma Mofitt, when he was first playing the bowls. Then, over time, he worked with healing, by playing a single bowl, or a series of bowls, on the body. He added horns, into the mixture.

Enjoy this concert. You will see and hear what can be done in a ritual environment. And this is not as elaborate as he can get...;)

( Congratulations on your bowl...I have a large crystal bowl, and a few old seven metal Tibetan bowls...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1OQCWrhJxE
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ooo. Wowzie!

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”