Charging/cleansing my crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Shannon

Charging/cleansing my crystals

Post by Shannon »

Does anyone have any particularly helpful resources on proper crystal charging/cleansing? I'm new to the use of them and have already collected 8 different types.
Hematite
Tiger's Eye
Ruby amphibolite
Ametrine
Palmwood
Smokey Quartz
Rose Quartz
and some actual chunk of some type of clear quartz. I have put about half of them out (some moon some sun) and that is all I have done. I'm not sure what the difference is methodically between charging and cleaning but the sun light/moon light bathes were supposed to be initial "cleansings". I do know that the different types should also be done by different methods as well but i was seeking consistent and precise information.

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond! Im really yearning for my crystals.

Shannon
Shannon

Re: Charging/cleansing my crystals

Post by Shannon »

Yes..I can understand that it'd be frustrating having to see the same post done in repetition but I was more so looking for more specific answers. I didn't know too much of the difference between cleansing/charging plus there's methods that work for some that could potentially ruin other crystals. I was hoping for something more direct.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Yes..I can understand that it'd be frustrating having to see the same post done in repetition but I was more so looking for more specific answers. I didn't know too much of the difference between cleansing/charging plus there's methods that work for some that could potentially ruin other crystals. I was hoping for something more direct.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Shannon wrote:I didn't know too much of the difference between cleansing/charging plus there's methods that work for some that could potentially ruin other crystals. I was hoping for something more direct.
Well the general method of charging applies fairly universally. Which is why I suggested the other links.

But there is also charging a specific color/type of gemstone with planetary energy, which requires an in-depth knowledge of astrological relationships and correspondences. Is this what you mean?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Shannon, ive found that moonlight cleanses safely, and is certainly easy enough to do. Smudging is also safe & easy, if you can handle smoke. I like placing self-cleansing selenite, kyanite, or tourmaline stones in a grid around the stone to be cleared. What the self-cleansing stones all have in common is a natural parallel-layered, striated structure even if tumbled. Their energy automatically channels away negativity.

People say citrine will also cleanse, but citrine comes in various shades and tones from amber-brown to golden-yellow, and I think it is the golden color that some people believe has the cleansing quality. It makes a difference if we're talking about physical qualities or metaphysical ones. I'm guessing the striated, layered construction of selenite, kyanite and tourmaline works on physical energy, and the golden citrine, which is associated with the crown chakra and higher mind, works on etheric energies. But that's just a guess.

A stone which is overworked gets visably dull & feels heavier. When you mentally touch it, their responding ping has dulled to a thunk. Placing them back in touch with the Earth clears the sludge of accumulated negative energy. That is what cleansing does.

Charging is to awaken the stone's energy. Light and Willed thoughts will carry a charge. An easy way to charge stones is to work with them, to charge them with your own vibes so they will respond to you. They get suped-up when lovingly admired and coddled. And we use our intent to psychically charge a stone to fulfill a designated task.

Personally, I use cool, running tap water to cleanse quartz and obsidian as these are two stones I work with the most. Everything else is grid-cleansed and moon-bathed. I've learned the hard way by damaging some stones in the learning process over the years.

Colored quartz, that includes rose and smokey on your list, as well as amethyst and citrine, can be faded by direct sunlight. I've never timed it to see how long or how bright you can get away with.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

SpiritTalker wrote:Shannon, ive found that moonlight cleanses safely, and is certainly easy enough to do. Smudging is also safe & easy, if you can handle smoke. I like placing self-cleansing selenite, kyanite, or tourmaline stones in a grid around the stone to be cleared. What the self-cleansing stones all have in common is a natural parallel-layered, striated structure even if tumbled. Their energy automatically channels away negativity.

People say citrine will also cleanse, but citrine comes in various shades and tones from amber-brown to golden-yellow, and I think it is the golden color that some people believe has the cleansing quality. It makes a difference if we're talking about physical qualities or metaphysical ones. I'm guessing the striated, layered construction of selenite, kyanite and tourmaline works on physical energy, and the golden citrine, which is associated with the crown chakra and higher mind, works on etheric energies. But that's just a guess.

A stone which is overworked gets visably dull & feels heavier. When you mentally touch it, their responding ping has gone to a thunk. Placing them back in touch with the Earth clears the sludge of accumulated negative energy. That is what cleansing does.

Charging is to awaken the stone's energy. Light and Willed thoughts will carry a charge. An easy way to charge stones is to work with them, to charge them with your own vibes so they will respond to you. They get suped-up when lovingly admired and coddled. And we use our intent to psychically charge a stone to fulfill a designated task.

Personally, I use cool, running tap water to cleanse quartz and obsidian as these are two stones I work with the most. Everything else is grid-cleansed and moon-bathed. I've learned the hard way by damaging some stones in the learning process over the years.

Colored quartz, that includes rose and smokey on your list, as well as amethyst and citrine, can be faded by direct sunlight. I've never timed it to see how long or how bright you can get away with.
I forgot to send a big thank you for your patience and your time for going into detail. I struggle with OCD and the very few crystals I've picked up are relatively diverse in what types of cleansing/charging methods are required. I also had just figured out that prepping my cryatals is a two step process. I just decided to make a list and go down the line as to what methods I'd use and several I am just waiting on April 11th for.
Your friend
Shannon
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hey,you're welcome. Enjoy your stones. :)
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

When in doubt, i like to charge my crystals with sound! I have bells that I ring over them, but one day I would like to upgrade to a singing bowl. It is the only suggestion that I have that Spirit didn't already mention ;)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Newbiewitch94
Banned Member

Post by Newbiewitch94 »

I use the full moon to charge and cleanse mine

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”