Full Moon Rituals

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
Shannon

Full Moon Rituals

Post by Shannon »

Hello. I'm still new to just about all subjects but I have been utilizing the "101" section. My question is about intentions with the moon cycles. From my understanding, you're supposed to set your intentions on the New Moon and work on them throughout the cycle and do whatever release is needed on the Full Moon. What if New Moon intentions weren't set that particular cycle? What can I do for the Full Moon tomorrow if anything to improve whether it's just a prayer or anything in general? I'd love to hear about your own personal workings if anybody feels like sharing.
Ashrend

Re: Full Moon Rituals

Post by Ashrend »

I have mainly used the moon for power, as in either creating water exposed to the moon or doing a ritual, spell or even meditation on a full moon/new moon to help speed along my intent and do what I wish.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

One word: Magic!

And if you are in a certain women's age group, there are certain types of magic, associated with full moons, though we are not allowed to post about that, here, on EUTM. Enough said, regarding that, but magic in general is done on full moon.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I use full moons to charge my own batteries, just centering the energy, and radiating it to my sauric shield. It's very cleansing. It doesn't matter if it's cloudy or clear because the moon is present either way. However, on clear full moons, I just moon gaze into trance and go with the flow.

Capturing the moon is one way to empower a spell done during whichever moon phase supports the goal. The Full Moon's reflection can be captured on the surface of a bowl of water & the water is thus charged with lunar essence. You can make a knot-loop and peer through the loop as the knot is pulled closed in cord magic. Use your left eye to peer through a holed stone at the moon before scrying to awaken the psychic forces within. These are best done out doors directly with the moon and no window glass in-between that would deflect the light away.

Edit
Some ideas for a moon altar might include a pale blue or white altar cloth, any silver-tones drinking vessel - Stainless steel has been replacing silver plated or pewter chalices. It costs less and doesn’t tarnish. Clear glass or blue for the cup and bowls and candle holders also works nice in candle light. Maybe left over holiday silver tinsel for sparkles? The triple moon symbol )O( could replace the pentacle. Light blue, silver or white candles. A crystal ball in pride of place. Moon stone worn or Selenite placed for visual effect. Serve white foods like milky tea or white wine and crescent rolls with butter.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I attempt to make it a point to sit outside on my patio for a while during the full moon- some days that is pretty impossible. I also try to tackle one large activity right before or during the full moon- be it cooking a large meal, finishing a painting, or simply cleaning the house :)

I don't really have a formal "ritual," so I guess I'm kinda boring ;)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Return to “Working with the Moon”