Please warn your young friends and relatives

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

We talked about this in the past when Wulf shared the terrible story of her classmate who played a game on the internet that led to his suicide or probably murder. I wanted to create a special thread for this danger in case someone wasn't reading the original thread. And because it is spreading across more countries.

The game has already killed 130 teenagers in Russia. There are now two victims (suicide attempts) in my country and at least one in neighbouring Czech rep. The Czech girl wants to quit but she is afraid for her family. They won't let her be and threaten her constantly. I know the name of the game but I don't know whether to post it here because I'm afraid someone might want to try it just for fun.

The game asks you to fill your email and phone number. Based on this, they will find out your real name, address, date of birth. If you don't do what they want, they will start threatening you constantly, calling you every hour. The numbers who call the Czech girl are American, although the author of the game is Russian.

The tasks include things such as waking up at 4:20 and watching scary videos, carving numbers to your hand and later cutting your hand near the veins "but not deeply enough to kill yourself". They ask for photo evidence of each task and get angry if you don't send it.

Please, tell everyone, especially young people you know not to write their phone number to any game except for the well known and safe ones. They can recognize they are in danger when an admin of the game writes to them and asks if they are sure they want to play.
TwilightDancer

Re: Please warn your young friends and relatives

Post by TwilightDancer »

I have to be honest, I didn't think this was real until I looked up the news articles.

This is right up there with those clowns from last year.

What is going on in the world?
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Things are getting seriously crazy on many levels of society.
Not long ago, I was kind of excited about the big change coming.it seemed normal and inevitable. However, I'm starting to be afraid now. Not of the game, of course, but of many evil events that are taking place all around the world. I fear that ww 3 will start soon.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

This is so strange. Why would people even do stuff like this? Well, I am going to look up news articles on this.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I like technology to an extent but I really think it's gotten way out of control. I'm getting sick of what it's doing to society. I've been thinking long and hard about deleting Facebook recently. I just can't stand the negativity I'm seeing on there. :evil:

I'd be happy as a clam in the middle of the woods with no Facebook, no Instagram, no darn Fox News. Nothing but my husband, puppies and plants.

moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Yep. I must confess I almost didn't use fb until this year. I used to only upload approx one album of photos from holiday per year and send maybe 15 messages a year. That was it :-)

This year I started following a several news sites. At first, I found it exciting to see what they don't tell in the mainstream media. But it starts to be upsetting after a few months of reading all the negativity.
Now I'm following more funny sites. Just like the other ignorant sheep that I used to criticise. But one just can't bear to see all the depressing truth. if at least we could do something about it and fight. But in most cases there's nothing that an average person can do, so making yourself depressed has no point.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Facebook is pure evil. And it sounds like this game is too. Facebook app on a Mobil phone will read your text messages and monitor things you do in other apps so it can show you ads. For example, my mom text me and asked if I would consider doing a DNA test. I said no because I heard that when you do that you sign something saying the company "owns" your DNA going forward. Instantly after Facebook started showing me ads for home DNA test kits.

Instagram installed on Mobil with the microphone turned on will actually kick on and listen to your verbal conversations and the tv and music you have on and then show you ads related!

This is waaaaaY too much for me! It's one thing to show me an add because I shared or liked something on their app. But, it's a totally other thing to just use my own phone to spy on my in my own home and listen to my conversations!!!!!!

As for the game. That's seriously messed up. That you for sharing, and I agree it was smart not to share the name. We have so many young members here who read but don't always post and make their presence or youth known. We don't want to turn them on to something this terrible. I work with youth and I'm glad to know so I can warn and advise against it!

Rosie
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Omg Rosie, I had no idea these apps work this way. I only have the facebook app and for some reason, I always left my phone outside the room. I always thought it was just me being paranoic...

Moon, good idea to post this and avoid giving the game's name. Still, nothing can stay in the way of a curious teenager. Anyway, in Romania the autorities took this very serious and even checked us at school for signs and started asking about our mental health.
The thing about this game, is that thise who start playing it, usually go there wanting to commit suicide...they are just seeking some support. The evil thing is that they don't receive the healthy kind of help, but the "admins" only help them isolate and cut all their ties with friends and family. In my view, it is impossible for a parent not to notice that his child is getting up at 4 a.m. and watches horror movies or goes out and walks on high buildings. Or if not, the youngsters becoming antisocial is impossible to stay unnoticed by the parents. Playing this supposes a major change in the behaviour.
Too bad that the ones who fall in this trap seem to be exactly the ones who don't exactly have parents. (They are working in another country, are drunk or with such problems).

@Lady: those people do that because they want to feel powerful, but they are just loosers. Loosers who have no pirpose in life except for leading lost souls into the darkness. They feed on their sufference and feel powerful when they manipulate. For this kind of people, it is just a game, but what they don't understand, or what they don't care about, is that they are playing with lives.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

RosieMoonflower wrote:Facebook is pure evil. And it sounds like this game is too. Facebook app on a Mobil phone will read your text messages and monitor things you do in other apps so it can show you ads. For example, my mom text me and asked if I would consider doing a DNA test. I said no because I heard that when you do that you sign something saying the company "owns" your DNA going forward. Instantly after Facebook started showing me ads for home DNA test kits.

Instagram installed on Mobil with the microphone turned on will actually kick on and listen to your verbal conversations and the tv and music you have on and then show you ads related!

Rosie

That's extremely disturbing. :shock:

I hate these smart phones. :evilwitch:

nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

That's why I don't do spooky stuff like that.
Last edited by TwilightDancer on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added punctuation and capitalization.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Mental Health”