Kittens!

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Kittens!

Post by SpiritTalker »

The stray cat I've been feeding has spawned two fur balls in a cardboard box under my deck.
They look to be a week old.
Sigh.
Bychan Wulf

Re: Kittens!

Post by Bychan Wulf »

That's wonderful! Please, please share a pic to brighten my day! smiley_dance
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I won't disturb them. The mom is feral, & does not come nearer to me than two feet. When I looked into the box, she hissed, and meant it. But the glimpse I got of them, they are tabby cats just like their mom, and about the size of my thumb.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Do you have a rescue group anywhere, that can assist with TNR, and getting the kits homed?

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Sure, sure, don't disturb them! They need their rest and you need your hand in one piece.

Like Snow said, you could call a rescue group or look for an organisation that deals animal rescue. They usually ask volunteers that live nearby to take care and foster the strays untill they find owners.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

If u do call a rescue place make sure they dont put animals down unless they need to. Dont know where u r but the uk is awful for it because of over population . You could befriend them, leave them food and kitten milk for the young ones. Spend time with them but from a distance. My mum once befriended a 'feral' cat, took weeks but she grew to us and eventually became are cat x
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have four indoor cats, one of which is still feral after five years, and I can't even catch that one! The "shelters" here put un-wanted animals down after two weeks, and use air pressure to kill. It's despicable. :cry:
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Goddess that is despicable, i truely despise things like that its detestable! Maybe just add them to the family then of your feral group x
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

It's that time of year.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Michigan Humane Society, Carol's Ferals, Michigan Pet Fund Alliance, All About Animals Michigan. These groups all assist with TNR. Contact information is available on Google.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

SpiritTalker wrote:I have four indoor cats, one of which is still feral after five years, and I can't even catch that one! The "shelters" here put un-wanted animals down after two weeks, and use air pressure to kill. It's despicable. :cry:
Oh my Goodness! This really is awful! Here, the volunteers keep them for a while and then the cats are adopted either in our country or outside of it. Same works for stray dogs. If they are not adopted, and the volunteer can't keep them, they arebpassed to another volunteer and so on. But no killing!
In this case, rhe cat is better off, on the street...
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, apparently mom-cat was disturbed. She has moved her kits. The ways of wild beasties are not for us two-leggeds.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

in the wise words of the inspector eh who knows.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Update...one of the kittens has survived and comes along with mom-cat for feeding time, and mom-cat let's little-un eat first. I put out enough for them both, plus dry crunchies for overnight. And keep a water bowl topped off.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

aww that's sweet of you spirit that just warmed my heart a little bit to hear of such good deeds
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”