How To Get Off Medications

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
IndigoDoll59

How To Get Off Medications

Post by IndigoDoll59 »

I have been diagnosed as having ADHD and autism among other things (none of which I have by the way) and am court ordered to be on medications. Last night my intuition confirmed what I have suspected since I've started taking medications, that they are harming not helping my brain. They are weakening my psychic abilities and connection to the to the universe and making my brain less spiritually awaken and primitive. What can I do to get off my medications. I could tell my doctor next time I see him that my intuition has told me that my medications are bad for me, but I know he wouldn't believe me. He is convinced they are actually helping my brain and as long as he wants me to take medications by law I have to. Despite that I have tried to quit my medications completely before and I end up with so much energy it scares those around me and they decide I need back on my medications. What should I do? I really don't like what these medications are doing to me. I guess I could wait a few years when I'm done with college, have a job, and live in my own appartment and go off my medications but have little interaction with others so I don't freak them out with my sudden burst of energy. What do you think? Would that be best.
moonraingirl

Re: How To Get Off Medications

Post by moonraingirl »

Hello IndigoDoll,
You are in such a complex and delicate situation. I can see how powerless you may feel when you can't decide about something so important and intimate as psychiatric medication. I can only imagine how difficult, if not impossible it is to trust that someone else wants the best for you when your own intuition tells you something different.

However, I wouldn't say this is the right place to ask for advice. No one on this forum knows you personally. We don't know what you struggle with. Most of us are not professionals. I dare to say that those members of the community who are medical professionals would not diagnose or give you advice online without meeting you personally.

I strongly recommend that you talk to someone who you trust-family, friend, doctor, nurse, social worker or even lawyer and tell them about your concern. You may want to write a letter about it if you find it difficult to talk directly. You can show them this post that you wrote above.

I hope your support team will be able to help you and that you will feel better soon! Wishing all the best to you :-)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Our brains have an ability to form pathways around blocks, if given the time. I've had some antidepressant meds over the years that numbed me, but I continued with them by choice to fix the other issues (which it did). For several months my psi-senses fizzled, and i felt like a blind fish out of water; but after stabilizing and adapting to the meds, my body accepted them and the psychic senses resumed, same as before. I was on that particular med for around 7 years.

During the fizzle-phase, I meditated on my body, giving it suggestions to "adjust, adapt, advance." I was functioning mundanely better than without the meds. And being cut off from my normal psi sensory intake forced me to focus on mundane senses, for the first time in my life, and not to rely on the psi. It was a cold slap in the face for several months. I was not harmed by the experience. I learned how to function in the mundane world without the psi connection I'd taken for granted since childhood. Yet another skill?

So, what I'm saying, is not what you want to hear. I'm saying to stick with it and allow your body to adapt. The brain will make new pathways and the familiar psi connections will return. They are a part of your soul and won't be lost.

And I completely agree with Moon.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

sevensons wrote:Hi I have done a bit of testing and looking at the anatomy of the brain and have come up with a cure that could benefit you. Moroccan salt cured olives try some.
are you freaking kidding me? This is a serious question...if you are trying to make a joke please let that be known. Because this is just dismissive.
:evilwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Mental Health”