What about day time?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mr. Oogie Boogie

What about day time?

Post by Mr. Oogie Boogie »

Can magick be done in the day and still be effective?
Skylights

Post by Skylights »

God, yes! In fact, depending on what kind of work you're doing, daytime spells can be even more effective than nighttime spells. Look close at what kind of magic you want to do, and then decide if you'd rather have the energies more prevalent during the day to help you or the energies more prevalent during the night. There are also some spells that are supposed to be done at dawn, sunset, midnight, 2:34 on a Friday afternoon.

I generally go for nighttime, mostly because that's when I have the time to do it, but also because that's when I feel most relaxed and comfortable.
[color=blue]*Skylights*[/color]

[color=green][i]"So if you don't rate,
just over-compensate...
The world loves wannabes,
so, hey hey, do that brand new thing."[/i][/color]
Mr. Oogie Boogie

Post by Mr. Oogie Boogie »

Thank you so much!! *Runs off to room to get supplies*
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Well yes daytime is good, especily if your going with the moon the moon isn't always exacly full at night, some almanacts will tell you its the fullist in the middle of the day! Also sometimes you just wanna sit at the window and do your work with the morning sun....atlest i do.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Skylights

Post by Skylights »

Adding to what Addalaide said, here's a Witchvox article, with a calendar that tells the exact time of day when the moon is full, new, etc. for all of 2006. Hope it helps you out! But also, don't forget that it's not only the moon that lends helpful energy. Solar energy can be equally useful.

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.html?a ... s&id=10433

just over-compensate...
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Oh yes and also on September 22 ( a new moon) at 7 am there will be a soler eclips! Well acording to what i look up atlest. But i havent seen a soler eclips only a luner eclips. But if i am wrong on it i whould like to be corected....cause i wont wake up at 7 am for that many things.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Skylights

Post by Skylights »

Looks like you're right!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_ecli ... ptember_22

Too bad I won't be able to see it... :-(

just over-compensate...
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

It looks like i wont be able to see it as well.But my mom said she was one in the usa when she was a teen ager so there still is hope i will get to see one! Untell then i will admire the luner eclipsis. Dose anyone have a chart of when thay will be?
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Elem

Post by Elem »

Solar eclipses are rather rare, unfortunately. They happen relatively 'often' (i.e. every year), but it's most likely that, unless you travel to the location of the shadow created by the eclipse.. You'll probably only ever see one total eclipse in your lifetime.

We had one here in England a few years ago, it was rather spooky :). The last one before that happened about 80 or 90 years ago, so all the people commenting on how they 'remembered it' were rather old.. Or couldn't remember it very well, since they were too young.

I think there's interactive maps up on the internet, that'll let you see how much of an eclipse will be visible where you live.. Just run a search on Google, I'm sure it'll turn up something.

As for the day/night-time spellwork.. Just do whatever's the best for you, as others have said :).

Elem

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”