What can you tell me about dryads?

WildFlower93

What can you tell me about dryads?

Post by WildFlower93 »

My matron/patron deity is Diana, and I just learned that her tree is the oak tree, where her hand maidens aka the dryads reside (drys meaning oak). I am actually growing a few oak seedlings which I intend to turn into a little forest bonsai in her honour. I'm thinking I would like to make friends with the spirits or dryads of these seedlings and learn to work with them perhaps as intermediaries. I already have some ideas, and I will make first contact today during the solar eclipse since it is powerful energy. But apart from what I've written I don't know much about dryads, or what they enjoy, or what offerings to give them, ect. So wondering if anyone here has more experience with them? Thanks!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What can you tell me about dryads?

Post by SpiritTalker »

My only experiences are empathically with an old elm at my former school yard. It helped me at middle age to recover lost childhood memories when I'd asked. It was pleased to do so and I felt it did remember me, & was pleased to be consulted. They will tell you how, or if, they wish to be worked with and what they enjoy. I just had a thought that a life long care relationship you seek will require arrangement for their care after you die, as a well tended bonsai grove will likely outlive you. A horticulture garden would adopt, probably. I imagine a relationship may be something like "telling the bees" all the family gossip and news, don't you think?

Return to “Faeries, Nature Spirits, and Plant Consciousness”