Litha

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Addalaide

Litha

Post by Addalaide »

Ok well its almost summer, and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to celibrait without really...showing it...

I am planing on makeing a angel food cake with strawberrys and a squash cassarel and also green beans and corn but i donno what to make for a main dish? If i dont have some form of meat my fionce will fuss cause veggitables are evil to him....sometimes hes wors than a child....lol

What about spell work? Whats good for this time of the year decoration wise?

So any comment whould be nice.

~Addalaide
Merry Part
~Addalaide
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

I know this is an old post but it is a question that still need answered.

For a meat dish. (yes I am an omnivore. I aknowlage my preditory nature.) It will break down one of two paths.

Natural wild game: I'd go with Rabbitt or a nice cut of vinicent. Likewise, you could go with pheasent or quail or some other wild fowl. The key is to have something to reprisent the bounty of the the fields and gives thanks to the God for this bounty.

Civilised way: A beef or chicken (though, only if it was a free range. celebrating the bounty of the field not the coop.)

If none of these appeal to you, try a fish. This would be a wild enough meat to give thanks.

I hope this helps.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Draconis

Post by Draconis »

nice suggestions WolfWitch, any ideas for other esbats/sabbats?
All of lifes little problems can be solved by beating the buggers on the head with a broom.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Nothing accept that shortbreads work well for celibratory simple feasts. It's not fancy but it is different and tasty.

Beyond that, I can think of little accept that Apples, I believe, are a traditional Sam Hein food. If this is true than Rock on, I love apples so I see an Apple pie being on this years offering dish.

Best of luck.

BLessed be those who seek.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”