Learning about past lives

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Shadee

Learning about past lives

Post by Shadee »

You know, I don't know what I believe when it comes to life after death, or life before birth. Reincarnation seems like a logical scheme to me, for it is cycle in nature. However, I can't be sure if our soul survives, or if it returns to the Goddess and is reabsorbed. A drop of water in the ocean, once dissolved, is no more, although its water can be used to create other drops...

Like a lot of people, my ego makes me scared of the end. But I still want to know.

The people of this board told me some disturbing things, things that made something inside me vibrate. Things about healing and caring. It felt like they touched something far away, like when someone says something that brings back lost memories... but I can't put my finger on it. These memories, it's like they're not mine.

I need to know if this was just me getting emotional, or if there was more to it. So I'm asking for your help here: is there any way to learn about past lives...?
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Learning about past lives

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

You have a new brain thus you are a blank slate. Therefore, your past life memories are going to reside elsewhere.

Strong emotional attachment to people, things, and places, despite not being experienced with it, knowledge of a situation or thing you don't like or you do like that you just met/found out about, knowing how to do things perfectly the 'first time', 'knowing' the result of some situation despite never being in that situation before, aversion and fear towards experiences or things that you have never had, some of which cannot be explained... You won't 'remember' in the form of 'normal' memories, you will have these unexplained feelings first. Examine those. Ask why you believe the way you do, where it comes from. Similarly, ask why you feel the way you do and where it comes from.

Other things to consider are to contact the benevolent spirits around you. Some of them follow you from life to life, they know who you are, and they tend to remember it better than you.

The rest will fall in place later, and you will receive those memories back. But you have to look into your emotions first, and not in your brain.

Hope that helps.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That's good advice. You may get exasperated by the same comments repeatedly, but "meditate on it" is a good method to learn about yourself. It can trigger the release of inner knowledge through later dreams, or symbols popping up in daily life.

We can't get it all in a week. Keep at it. Respect the feeling youve described but don't rely on it until you feel that you know it unshakably, that it just IS part of you and doubting it is irrelevant.
When knowing something from a past life is useful to your present life, you will let yourself recover it.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I'm fine with meditating, even though I'm not always as relaxed as I'd like ^^ I will do as you say, listening to myself, and listening to the invisible. This might take a while, but I'm still young and I have all the time I need. At least, I hope I do...!

Thank you. I will come again if I discover something relevant.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

SpiritTalker brings up a good point. This won't be easy and it won't be quick. It takes times. Usually, years. Just have patience. We're not nessecerily born to remember.

Learning your past life will also help with your mental health and why you may have unexplained problems. If you have any that is, like me. (Not discounting science, meds, help, or trained professionals. This needs to be done also.)

I find discovering mine helped me with my depression, suicidal thoughts, and personality disorder.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I had some time to ponder your words and to engage in some introspection. There are indeed things I can't explain, feelings, tastes, fears, tendencies... I had noticed them before, but I had no idea they could be indicative of anything. I did my best to write them down.

- As the members of this board have pointed out, there are things in my tastes that are linked to healing, like my weird attachment to beeswax. It rang a bell inside, although I have never practiced it.

- I'm over sensible, be it with emotions or energies. I have absolutely no shield. However, I have an unexplainable ease with energy manipulation. Maybe it's an easy task for every witch, but I didn't think I would succeed at first try. I may not be able to protect myself from it yet, but I can give it shape.

- I'm caring, even though I'm not always confortable with groups. I like to listen to people, listen what's on their mind. I like to make them feel better, feel cared about.

- I deeply identify with victims of rape and domestic abuse. I'm a strongly convinced feminist at that. The thing is, I was never a target... which makes me shiver when I link this to the next few points.

- I'm dead scared of men. I have no real reason to be, but I'm terrified. Talking is fine, but I can't let them into my life, and I get anxiety if I'm left alone with them. I'm sorry, I don't want to be labeled as a bad person... I have no explanation, I just feel like I'm in danger. And for some reason, it's getting slowly worse...

- I think my God knows of this. He never came to me by himself, he's been waiting for me to search for him. And when he appeared, it was always in the shape of a deer. My Goddess came to me early, but he stayed away. It feels like I've been handled with kid gloves all this time... They both knew.

- I'm also scared of water. I used to have a lot of nightmares about it. Looking at deep water makes me feel faint. I even get dizzy just by looking inside a toilet tank or a full bathtub. The good thing however is that it's not growing stronger. I feel like I'm slowly learning to trust the element of water. I've had a few nice dreams recently, in which I am guided in my swim.

- My current life is exceptionally easy. I was born in a well-off, well-educated family. I've never had to try hard for anything. My studies, my work... It's like the world is providing me with everything I need. It's all being spoon-fed to me, so much so that I'm ashamed when I meet people from harder backgrounds.

All this... I'm not sure what to make of it. I've been wondering where some of these strange things came from, but I had never thought to link them together.
I feel like something bad happened... and I'm being comforted in this lifetime. I'm not going any further, not now.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

This relates to past lives in your country. (I'm in the USA).

It's .999 silver.

Are you familiar with this? Of course you know the tower/building, I mean the history behind the pictured item? Hint: The Underground took possession of it during occupation. Another hint: it reflects the highest-of-high honor, awarded to the first-in-line persons.

I know what it was originally made for, and what it became. I also know that there were a limited supply, only enough for the first few in the front line. How limited numbers, I don't know because there wasn't a lot of detailed talk, typical of people whom were that up-close and personal. It wasn't personal, but it's impossible not to take it personally.

I have never been able to find a scrap of information on it, might be because it's that rare. However, I do have true-test documentation to prove its history.

One step at a time, and I'll go into detail only if you wish. Do you have any knowledge of this, and would you be interested in more detail about it?
Attachments
5.JPG
4.JPG
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

What makes you think my past lives happened in France...? Why would I keep coming back?

I'd rather warn you now, I don't know the first thing about military items... And I'm not a reader or anything like that either. I'll tell you what I think I see, but it might be completely wrong. I mean no disrespect, okay? I'm not sure of anything...

I feel like this is a makeshift medal. Made from a Paris token or something like that. This is no official decoration, this is thank you from the people of the free.

Please tell me at least part of it is right... I'm also scared of ridicule ^^"
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

You've found that you have an attraction to beeswax, and a deep seated fear of men and of water. These possibly relate to past life experiences. You may find, as you progress, that other things will "call to you," unexpectedly. Past life memories may surface. That part can be a bit unnerving. We build on what has gone before, and what we've been before.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I think I've seen some already... I took some time to reflect on it, and some sort of blurry memories surfaced. I felt numb and depressed afterward, so much so that I just sat in the dark for hours.

I've seen my kitchen, with light brown tiles on the wall and wooden furniture. I spent a lot of time there. It looked like the mid to late 20th century. I was living with a man, he was a bit older than me. Most of the time he wasn't home, but when he was I was terrified. I tried to be nice and helpful to him, but he'd just snap at random. He'd scream awful things at me. He'd beat me with something long. I got memories of me weeping in a corner with my lips split. I saw him raping me on that kitchen floor and on the counter. He'd slap me across the face to prevent me from looking. I was petrified each time it happened. I felt like the broken toy of an angry kid. Yet sometimes he'd just act like nothing ever happened and we were just your everyday couple.

We lived in a coastal city, or at least in a city crossed by a large river, maybe both. I know because I remember walking on the docks on a daily basis. I think that one day, I jumped. It was scarier and longer than I thought it would be, but at least it all stopped.

I'm not sure why I did that. Maybe just out of despair. I know I was young, and we had no children, but I can't help wondering if I jumped because I was pregnant. I caught no memory of this, but it would make sense...

I tried to learn more, but I keep getting anxiety attacks when I try to go deeper. These memories, it's like they were given to me like a photo album. I can see the pictures, but the feelings they're carrying are lessened. It's almost like watching a movie without the sound. It still made me depressed, but a lot less than it should have.
I'm a bit scared that, if I try to bring it all back, I'll end up like her. I don't want to feel like she did. It would mean facing what I'm terrified of, what might have already killed me.

Aside from this, I can't link this life to healing and witchcraft. I can feel that I had a small potential already, but I don't think I was a witch. I was just some girl, much like I am today. Could this beeswax thing come from some even earlier lives...? If so, it might be really hard to reach that far...
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Modern physics tells us that the past is one with the present and future. Linear time is an illusion for three-D reference. Past life dramas are like old movies on view screen. Weep or laugh, and change the channel or DVD.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

I still feel bad about her... I think I'd mourn her death if she wasn't, well, me. I'd like to know more about her, but maybe it just means knowing more about myself...

Yet, somehow, it feels kinda good to know. These fears I had, I couldn't find a reason for them. It's like I'm discovering my own soul. Things start making sense, and I feel less lost than before. I can live with myself better now...

Maybe someday I'll find the strength to seek more ^^
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Shadee, you had noted earlier, "The people of this board told me some disturbing things, things that made something inside me vibrate. Things about healing and caring."

When we hear something that speaks a truth to us, we naturally begin to vibrate at a higher frequency. Within your higher consciousness, you already know the meaning of the link between your attraction to bees wax, healing and caring. You heard a thing you know has personal relevance, your "inner radar" picked up the signal & so you were were experiencing what it feels like when the frequency increases. It moves the mind to a higher level and greater perception.

That doesn't have to mean it's a past life. It just means "pay attention, this is significant." and that being said, it still could be something you'd learned about from another life experience, but it doesn't really matter. The "knowing" is the important thing. Life-time-lines just give a reference point to wrap our heads around because we are conscious now in a 3-D plane of experience.

Supposedly we each get to play all the roles at some time, we each get to be the victim and victor, the slain and the slayer, the injured and the healer, until we finish the lessons in wisdom and compassion and move ahead. Each time one of us "gets it", we all get a boost in the Collective Mind.
Shadee

Post by Shadee »

So... I suppose I naive in thinking I could get a simple answer from the past.

I thought I'd find something exciting, like, "I used to be some healing witch in the middle ages" or something like that. That would have been a nice story. But you must be right, it was foolish of me to think the world worked in such childish ways.

I found something else. I learnt from this finding, but it had no link to what I was looking for in the first place. So maybe the answer lies not in what I used to be, but rather what I am, and what could be. Maybe I should just work on it, rather than trying to find a miracle explanation. If talking about it made me vibrate this way, who knows what practicing could do...

Thank you everyone. Once again, I think I have learned something important. Blessed be...!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

One way to overcome a fear of water is to take swimming lessons, and divert the emotional drama tied to concerns of a possible past life influence. Be zen and in the present.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”