Samhain Movies

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
chricia

Samhain Movies

Post by chricia »

Greetings.

I know that watching movies isn’t the main focus on Samhain, but I find that really important to do.

Does anyone have any good Samhain/Halloween movie recommendations to watch.

Blessed be and Thank you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Samhain Movies

Post by SpiritTalker »

To put you in the holiday mood, Harvey, Hocus Pocus, Bell Book and Candle, I Married a Witch for fun, Wicker Man re: human sacrifice for eew spooky. Witchcraft Yesterday and Today is educational by Buckland. The only one on the list that takes place on Halloween is HP.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

What about the classics. Dracula with Legosia or Lee. Nosfuratu if you can find it. Frankenstein, Mummy {The old set or new} The Wolfman with the classic gypsy scene. The newer South of the border, bucket of BL00D flicks are also OK. Even Cage's "Ghost Rider" will do.
Dr. Bonedaddy

Post by Dr. Bonedaddy »

SpiritTalker wrote:To put you in the holiday mood, Harvey, Hocus Pocus, Bell Book and Candle, I Married a Witch for fun, Wicker Man re: human sacrifice for eew spooky. Witchcraft Yesterday and Today is educational by Buckland. The only one on the list that takes place on Halloween is HP.
Agree, agree, agree!! All great picks SpiritTalker. We watch eeie, not necessarily scary movies a lot at Halloween, and we LOVE comedies: High Spirits, Addams Family, Ghostbusters, My Boyfriend's Back, Hellboy, Nothing But Trouble, Modern Problems, etc...

My kids always loved Tim Burton's movies: Nightmare before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and Fankenweenie. The also love Monster Squad.

My favorites are The Ninth Gate, Rosemary's Baby, Sleepy Hollow, The Wicker Man (the Christopher Lee version), The Craft, and so on.

...So many great movies!!!!!

I love, love, LOVE All Hallows Eve!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have established traditions: Bell Book and Candle at Halloween, and White Christmas at Xms. I'm pledged. Popcorn optional...sometimes we do pizza!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”