Abbreviated magic

RyukaAscendant

Abbreviated magic

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So I've been considering something. And I'm wondering if what I do isn't simply an abbreviated form of the ritual cutting the performance out. I raise a circle and my energy simultaneously but skip the step of opening the gates and move straight into the invocation/ chant and release the energy through this portion until all energy drawn has been sent then I drop the circle. Has anyone else experimented with this or have any advice?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Abbreviated magic

Post by SpiritTalker »

I experiment with everything in the circle :mrgreen:

Since the elements are the building blocks that move thought forms from the drawing board to materializing, I feel they need to be acknowledged for balanced energy. A short sentence is enough, no long speeches needed, as long as the mind grasps the purpose. They know who they are. It's our own mind we convince by formally calling. A circle is like an energy support for manifestaion. And balancing the energy we kick into the universe is practical to a positive outcome. It doesn't have to be formally opening the door, as long as the mind grasps that these forces are present and under the soveigrnty of the over-seeing deity-force you accept.

I've found when I cast circle, or lay a compass, it sets my mind into the proper creating frame work to make magic go. And I'm a lazy cuss so embrace short cuts. But only so far as the long-form is fully understood within my inner mind. A chain of mental pictures is easier to me than words, because I think in pictures. Words however, set the thought into the physical realm. So I use them sparingly, with forethought and backed by pictures.

Short answer is I don't call anything into the circle because I know it's already there. In my body all 5 elements are present or I could not exist in the 3-D realm. Deity is everywhere and every thing. As long as I acknlowedge this awareness as reality when I center, I'm good to go. I have to know it and own it. If my brain is just not firing on all pistons, or im distracted, then I have to do things the long way, and act-out each step. So being aware of my own status determines a lot of how I do stuff.

And more directly related to your inquiry, I have a simple spell format I've mentioned elsewhere that requires no tools or materials, but I have to be mentally prepped & totally focussed. It works. I raise energy, pulling up a visualized blue mist that I sometimes can physically see. It swirls around me; I think of my goal momentarily and feed the image into the spiral; I imagine feeling as though it is already past tense and accomplished and feed this into the spiral as well; then I say it is so 3 times in positive affirmations and feed it into the spiral. Then lift the spiral and let it go into the ethers, thank the universe for responding, and forget it.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”