Attempted magick for the first time

Questions and posts about love spells.
Nightfire

Attempted magick for the first time

Post by Nightfire »

Last night I attempted to send out my heart to someone I love. So I used a flame since I am a fire sign and so is my significant other who I was reaching out to. The flame would spin in circles and then go straight up repeatedly. Now naturally I always been a natural with psychic energies, but after I was done casting I got really fatigued then struck with arousal suddenly. The nature of my spell was a love reunification spell. So I am trying to figure out how to read the flame and also figure out why the side affects if that’s normal. If someone can help me here that will be great.
corvidus

Re: Attempted magick for the first time

Post by corvidus »

It's normal to feel fatigued after energy work, especially when the energy is sent away in the work.

Fire is divided into a few different parts. Mentally, it's the "Fire of the Mind." Emotionally, it's courage and determination, but also anger. Physically it corresponds to the Heart as well as the carnal nature.

I would say what you experienced was in line with the nature of the spell.

It might be a good idea to balance yourself back out by taking a cool shower or some other 'water' work. It's a common mistake for a beginning practitioner to not balance themselves out, which causes a lot of problems down the road.
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

corvidus wrote:It's normal to feel fatigued after energy work, especially when the energy is sent away in the work.

Fire is divided into a few different parts. Mentally, it's the "Fire of the Mind." Emotionally, it's courage and determination, but also anger. Physically it corresponds to the Heart as well as the carnal nature.

I would say what you experienced was in line with the nature of the spell.

It might be a good idea to balance yourself back out by taking a cool shower or some other 'water' work. It's a common mistake for a beginning practitioner to not balance themselves out, which causes a lot of problems down the road.
*good post*
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Nightfire wrote:Last night I attempted to send out my heart to someone I love. So I used a flame since I am a fire sign and so is my significant other who I was reaching out to. The flame would spin in circles and then go straight up repeatedly. Now naturally I always been a natural with psychic energies, but after I was done casting I got really fatigued then struck with arousal suddenly. The nature of my spell was a love reunification spell. So I am trying to figure out how to read the flame and also figure out why the side affects if that’s normal. If someone can help me here that will be great.
Agreed with Corvidus -- it's pretty normal to feel very tired after spellwork. Othertimes, you may feel restless and jittery and may have trouble sleeping. That's why grounding is an important part of rituals. Water energy, like Corvidus suggested, could help out in this case because you were doing so much with fire. Eating and drinking ("cakes and ale", in some Wiccan traditions) can level you out as well. I also like to crouch down and put my palms on the ground so the earth can draw out some of the excess energy.

I don't really believe in the threefold law (what you send out comes back to you times three), but I do believe in the "strawberry jam effect": you can't work with something without getting it all over yourself. That would also explain why you feel so much arousal afterwards.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Nightfire

Post by Nightfire »

Well I noticed an affect today...I have more focus and energy
barker

Post by barker »

That effect keeps building... i'd say you have made an intelligent start, see it through :)
Nightfire

Post by Nightfire »

And it’s not good to use the same spell back to back right? Because I had a beyond successful day
barker

Post by barker »

No don't repeat a spell. Unless it's sex magic. It objectifies it and frankly only orgasm is selfish enough. Wherever your heart takes you...
Nightfire

Post by Nightfire »

Thank you for all the help :) still trying to learn about the flickers of the fire though

Return to “Love Spells”