Pets and circles

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
CircusWitch

Pets and circles

Post by CircusWitch »

Does anyone else have pets that wander through circles? I recently read something saying once you cast a circle nothing should enter or leave it. But one of my cats sometimes wanders through and that never feels wrong to me (once she walked through then watched the ritual from the side, I thought that was sweet). I was just curious as to how other people react or if they think it's best to shut them out or even if they feel it helps.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pets and circles

Post by Firebird »

I've always felt that children and animals are exempt.
Even the elderly. We had a older man who attended regularly, and when he had to pee, there wasn't much time to open space for him. It was a matter of urgency. So more often we would cast space with the idea the edge was permeable. We do this for bigger events also as it always seems there's someone who needs to exit.
Certain animals have been our familiars and have never been restrained to a circle, they are at the ready to assist, protect and deliver.
I have a familiar....not belonging to me, its the neighbors cat. She rarely fails to show up as soon as circle is cast. Then she is in, out and all over the place, but frequently guards the perimeter and watches either looking out or looking in.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, my cats have wandered in to sit with me with no effect, yet I've broken the circle myself accidentally and I've felt the snug, warm temperature of the room Instantly drop.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Cats are uniquely loved and honored by Wiccans/Witches, they exhibit secretive psychic attributes and probably are respected by the Gods/Goddesses. I feel they should be free to wander into sacred space and in fact their presence is a joy to all other worldly beings who might have joined us. It is an honor to have a cat wish to join us in ritual.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

How's, RIP, joined me in a candle magic ritual years ago. He set his tail afire. He was quite calm about the whole thing. He had long hair, so he didn't get burned. I nearly had a coronary.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

When my cat caught his tail on fire walking across the gas-stove, I plunged him butt-first into a sink full of dishes I was washing. We both had coronaries...(spell check wanted to make that canaries. It fits.)

Toddlers and pets must have a grounded energy that is compatible with circle energy. I don't thinks it's pre-puberty-related vs sexual energy matter because my cats are neutered/spayed, but not everybody's pets who waltz thru their circles are altered. It's a puzzlement.

Return to “Animals and Pets”