Owl

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
LC

Owl

Post by LC »

I went to sleep last night and started to dream. Suddenly I dreamed I was waking up facing the edge of right side of the bed. When I "open" my eyes there is a small brown owl staring up at me. When I first saw it the word "owl" came to me. I woke up screaming but not from fear but from being startled by the small owl peaking up at me.

Is this little owl my spiritual animal? I had been thinking off and on about how you have one but never would I thought that the animal would be an owl. I'm not sure what to do now to connect or thank or anything. I want to do something but I am so unsure. Any help is welcomed!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Owl

Post by Firebird »

For me owls represent the deepest mysteries and the ability to transform ones self. She is the mistress of the night and it may be an omen that change is on the way or that you should look to owl for wisdom and a way to get at the core of ones spirit.
She will tear down what you thought you knew and show you an inner beauty you may never have been aware of. Not always an easy totem, she will make you think.
Write down the day and time of her visits and any thoughts that came when you were in her presence. Look for patterns in her messages, repeats in visuals, time of day, day of week etc... I think her peaking at you is a message to "be aware"
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Depending on the area you live in -in the city need some luck to get a sighting in the 'burbs a decent chance of sighting, - the country put out some mouse foods and learn about night raptors. Dreams are a different matter. Write down everything you can remember. Any detail may be important.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Owls are wonderful. They're messengers of death and associated with the spirit Lilith, the goddess Hekate, women of the night, witchcraft, succubi, vampires, the night, the gods of death, and the underworld. Witches of old were thought to turn into animals such as owls... like me. Athena is also associated with owls, but a certain species. So you can apply "wisdom" to it too.

I would be happy to give more insights since it's my animal soul. :)
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I can't provide much help on your question.
But wanted to congratulate you to your acquaintance.
BB

Blue Moon
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

LC wrote:I went to sleep last night and started to dream. Suddenly I dreamed I was waking up facing the edge of right side of the bed. When I "open" my eyes there is a small brown owl staring up at me. When I first saw it the word "owl" came to me. I woke up screaming but not from fear but from being startled by the small owl peaking up at me.

Is this little owl my spiritual animal? I had been thinking off and on about how you have one but never would I thought that the animal would be an owl. I'm not sure what to do now to connect or thank or anything. I want to do something but I am so unsure. Any help is welcomed!
That is beautiful that you have been greeted by a little owl. Owl's are sacred to my Goddess Hecate. I feel owls can mean to be aware of ones own soul. The owl is aware in the night. Is there anything you have been having a hardship with? If so the owl can be there to help guide you through it.
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you everyone! Other than trying to study more, my ocd has been bad lately because it's winter break. I'm not sure I made a good impression on the little guy by screaming bloody murder when it peeked at me.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

He'll know your not wishy-washy in your reactions. A bit loud perhaps,but not wishy-washy.

Return to “Animals and Pets”