Can you use magic to gain knowledge of the afterlife?

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Throughalloftime

Can you use magic to gain knowledge of the afterlife?

Post by Throughalloftime »

As a witch, has anyone on here been able to get an uncanny amount of insight into what happens after we die? Are there any spells or types of magic in which I can get an idea of what happens in the afterlife? Have spirits ever given you information about the spiritual realm? I have always been petrified of death. I understand there is limited access here in the physical world, but if anyone knows any way to expand knowledge of the afterlife, that would be most helpful. I have yet to try to contact spirits because I want all the information I can get before I try. I am also terrified of the possibility of my soulmate being seperated from me after death. I hope I can find put some more through magic.
a.e.d.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Can you use magic to gain knowledge of the afterlife?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

You should probably read up on dream working, the otherworld, and hedge witchery. They deal with traversing the otherworld through dreaming, (shamanism) and include afterlives. May also want to look at forms of spirit communication in the outside realms.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I would use meditation rather than magic, but might do the meditation within a simple circle. Funny, but I never thought to ask while channeling. I'm acquainted with out of body experiences, so that plus channeling someone "other" & random ghost encounters satisfies me that the essential identity is independent of a physical body. Any details would stem from a person's deepest beliefs, and differ accordingly. I've never used a spell for that so don't know.

There's a common belief that a "silver cord" (energy) attaches the spirit to the body, and when the body dies the cord snaps, releasing the spirit from that incarnation. I've seen a cord when I'm OOB...even used it for repelling down a cliff in one quirky experience...and the cord is capable of infinite length.

When we die we Seem to have sufficient opportunities to enter transformative light, and by accepting and entering that light-doorway, our spirit gets a decontamination wash (metaphorically) and we can come back and hang around if desired or move along to other realms, dimensions and consciousness & check back now and then. This is just my understanding of what I've observed. I worked 21 years at a cemetery and saw 5-foot tall oval light flashes every so often (there goes another one).

After my dad died, about 2 weeks later as I'd walked into dad's kitchen, I saw his spirit form seated at the kitchen table and a light being stood beside him. I was startled enough to yelp (geez, warn a person). The light being allowed me to know (sort of with a nod) that dad was going thru a review of his recent life, starting with his death. So my sis & i left the house and let them get on with it. (I didn't tell sis what I'd seen, because she's not into this stuff & freaks out. I just took her to lunch.). Both my parents have visited me a few times since their deaths, pop-in as well as in dreams, to give a message and both have moved along in light as they rightfully should do.
Throughalloftime

So you gather that people have a choice to stay or move on/reincarnate?
a.e.d.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Andi98 wrote:So you gather that people have a choice to stay or move on/reincarnate?
I do, not sure if it is always a choice. In Eastern religion it is desirable to achieve moksha, liberation from the cycle of reincarnation.
- Devi
Throughalloftime

I'm just hoping we do have the choice, because I don't want to llose all of my memories of my life against my will or be parted from my love either
a.e.d.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Andi98 wrote:I'm just hoping we do have the choice, because I don't want to llose all of my memories of my life against my will or be parted from my love either
'moksha' is supposedly attainable. Hinduism and Buddhism have beliefs about it.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Give some thought to what the effects would be on the overall after-life process of either retaining or of losing Memory, and on the reincarnation cycle? Memory seems to have different functions in life from the after-life, and for the dis-&-re incarnation cycle. We need memory to learn and to project consequences of our actions within bodily life. But when there is consciousness without action associated with a body because there is no body, what part does memory serve? Obviously memory continues. I don't have the answer, just asking' a pesky question that bugs me.
Lord_of_Nightmares

SpiritTalker wrote:Give some thought to what the effects would be on the overall after-life process of either retaining or of losing Memory, and on the reincarnation cycle? Memory seems to have different functions in life from the after-life, and for the dis-&-re incarnation cycle. We need memory to learn and to project consequences of our actions within bodily life. But when there is consciousness without action associated with a body because there is no body, what part does memory serve? I don't have the answer, just asking' a pesky question that bugs me.
I always think about it like... We have a new body which includes a new brain, so we don't have the same conscious memories anymore. However, we still have 'memories' through knowing things without ever experiencing them or through emotions we cannot explain about places, items, and things, etc.

If we don't have a body, I think we can still have a conscious prior to incarnating, if we incarnate. Many associate memories with self, but to me, self is so much more than that. However, that's the reason people are afraid of losing their memories. Reincarnation is suffering to some extent, Buddha explained this. Memories are important to a degree, I think. But it's very hard when you have memories of a former life, those people tend to be gone (dead or absent) from your life. What good is having those memories then? Except to examine yourself and your emotions? Learning about yourself is always a good thing.

It's all an extremely complex issue. I probably didn't answer your question, heh.

In most cases, I think past life memories are irrelevant. The here and now is more important. It may be important later, but not immediately. You probably gain them back when you do not have a body anymore....
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, I agree the here & now is the part to work on. In this life, I seem to recognize the people who were involved in my former deaths when we meet again. It's like picking up where we left off before being so rudely interrupted.
Throughalloftime

My biggest fear is reincarnation. I do not want to lose my memories and my love against my will. I hope we have a choice. I really don't want to reincarnate again. I sense I have been through life multiple times
a.e.d.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Andi98 wrote:My biggest fear is reincarnation. I do not want to lose my memories and my love against my will. I hope we have a choice. I really don't want to reincarnate again. I sense I have been through life multiple times
I'd recommend looking into Buddhism and Taoism then, as well as working on opening your chakras and muddras. Look up ascension work but prime yourself by reading the Tao te Ching and Mahayana sutras.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
Throughalloftime

Is it a choice to reincarnate?
a.e.d.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Andi98 wrote:Is it a choice to reincarnate?
If you believe in the freedom of will, then yes it is a choice to reincarnate.

If you believe in karmic law, then you’ll keep incarnating until you’ve learned all your lessons.

If you don’t believe in reincarnation, then you cease to exist....

My question is, how could you not love this reality we live in?
Throughalloftime

Are you saying your fate depends on your belief? That the afterlife is designed to each individual? And what do you mean? Is that sarcasm? Lol
a.e.d.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”