My thoughts about Leto

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
particular

My thoughts about Leto

Post by particular »

I was very excited to find a thread about Leto on this forum. I'm a catholic who considers himself devout. However, I have been fascinated with Leto for the longest time. She seems to be a deity who experienced suffering and loneliness and this really speaks to me. In any case, despite it being against my faith, I had two readings done about a meditation experience where I meditated on meeting Leto. I had a certain idea about how she looks and what her personality is like, and I realized that if Leto is real, I might be offending her if I'm wrong. 2 out of 2 tarot card readings gave me The Sun--which the readers took as a sign that I was doing something very right. So I decided that if I became polytheist I would be very devoted to this goddess.

One thing that I find interesting is the lack of details about her following in Ancient Greece. She only has one sacrifice day in the Attic calendar, the fourth day of Thargelion, two days before the two says she gave birth to her children Artemis and Apollon. She has one sacrifice day in the Roman calendar under her Latin name Latona on September 23. I know revivalists like to make up days as holidays for deities, so I was wondering what ideas you all had, and how you view this goddess.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: My thoughts about Leto

Post by SpiritTalker »

Thought forms are real or witches wouldn't be here :). Think in terms of alternate planes and frequencies. The physical plane of energy-as-matter is only one small part of the multiverse. God-forms that have been honestly worshipped by just one or by many minds exist, both independently & as facetts of a greater Gem. Gods can be real even if nobody worships them...like if a tree falls in a forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound? Pagans, who believe everything has Spirit, might say that the tree will hear itself. And that's just my spin on it.

You could honor the deity by honoring their creations and victories. Observe Her children's holy days as well as any dates associated with feats attributed to Leto and her kin. There is authenticity in associations. That's the basis of mainstream religious holy days. What's Passover commemorate? Or Feast of Tabernackles? Or Ascension? Use the same idea of celebrating associations.
particular

Post by particular »

What is a thought form, and how does it relate to witches?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A thought form is a materialized belief. You may have heard the phrase "we create our own reality." Thought energy takes form to fulfill a function, or what witches call intent. Our brains are wired that way &everybody does it normally, but magicians, shamans and witches etc., are more or less conscious of it even though we may not spell it out (unintended pun). Over many years they have developed useful aids to the process called witchcraft.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”