Candle Magic with Psalms

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Candle Magic with Psalms

Post by SpiritTalker »

For a complete list of Psalms see the Folk Magic section post by Kassandra https://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=25185

This example uses a multi-day vigil candle (or one votive candle per day), olive oil, paper & pen & The Book of Psalms. You can adapt it to suit your personal style. Vigil candles can be purchased at "dollar" stores and major grocery stores. You can use a colored candle associated with the intent or one pre-printed with a design that appeals to you. Colors, intent and weekday associations are given below.

A specific Psalm associated with the need is repeated at each daily sitting. A vigil candle is designed to burn continuously for 5-7 days. If it burns down in less time that's OK. A votive candle in a cup will burn approximately 10-15 hours so burn one a day for the duration of the vigil, anointing & charging each candle. You can write your sigil or petition on paper placed under the candle or write directly on the glass with a marker. Reuse the same paper if votive candles are used. The paper is burned at the vigil’s end; the ash & leftover wax are discarded at the end of the spell.

Cleanse the candle by damp-wiping exposed wax with salt-water or inexpensive cologne & wipe finger prints from the glass.

The Sigil Petition - a petition statement would use few words & will be positively phrased in the present tense, not "I want" but "I have". A word sigil is a hieroglyph made from the petition letters. First cross out vowels & duplicate letters so only one of each consonant remains like "txmsg" (text message). Then rearrange, embellish & recombine these remaining letters into a hieroglyph. Draw a circle ⭕️ around the glyph. Cut out ✂️ the encircled sigil, anoint with 5 dabs of oil (:-:) to represent the elements, 👏🏽 charge & place it under the candle. You could use this method to protect privacy.

The standard petition method is to write the goal as a positive statement on clean paper; turn the paper 1/4 turn & over-write the goal with the name & birthdate of the person meant to benefit, turn the paper a final 1/4 turn & over-write those with the 1st few words of the Psalm, or the psalm number. To over-write shows that the person dominates the goal & the psalm dominates all. Turn the paper deosil↩️ to attract something, or turn it ↪️widdershins to repel. Anoint the paper with 5 dabs of oil [:-:] to represent the elements, charge it 👏🏽 with your intention & place it under the candle.

To charge a candle repeat the petition goal thrice under the breath as you dab some olive oil in a (:-:) five-spot pattern around the top of the candle & spread the oil outward from the wick with a finger in a ↩️direction (attract) or ↪️widdershins (repel) direction to cover the surface. The oil seals the energy of your intent to the candle. 5-spots represent the elements that manifest the goal. The spiral enhances energy. Set your intent by pulling power on the breath to your solar plexus, & the pushing the fire-in-the-belly out the hands & into the candle. Prepping & setting intent is just done once-per-candle, even if you need to snuff the flame during a burn & resume again later.

Then light the candle. Softly read aloud the appropriate Psalm for your intent for each sitting & if possible do each sitting at the same time each day of your vigil. Focus on the flame for a few minutes giving thanks with the Witch's Power of Knowing that the need has been met. Knowing feels like a hunch.

. Let the candle burn out on it's own if it's safe to leave it. You can snuff the flame & return, relight it & repeat the readings if needed for fire safety. It's a flexible spell.

~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Psalms can be found on-line. Some books for Psalm Magic are:

Anna Riva’s Powers of the Psalms
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/246050.Powers_of_the_Psalms

William Alexander Oribello's Candle Burning with the Psalms
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/candle-burning-magic-with-the-psalms-william-alexander-oribello/1123191103

Forbidden Magic Spells from the Bible by Jessica Springfield
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/forbidden-magic-spells-from-the-bible-jessica-c-springfield/1123847070

Here's a short list of useful Psalms from W.Oribello's book:

Disturbing ghosts & spirits, Ps 144-145
Dream guidance, Ps. 23 & 42
Good fortune, Ps 65 (🟢🕯on Friday)
Health, receiving healing Ps 6, 21 (🟡🕯on Sunday)
Help in time of need ps 18
Hex break, uncrossing Ps 7, 8, 91(⚫️/indigo🕯on Saturday)
Increase understanding of situation Ps 119, verse 105-112
Increase wisdom Ps 119, verse 97-104
Mental clarity Ps 115
Protection from plagues Ps 91 , (🔵🕯on Thursday)
Protection from known or unknown enemy, Ps. 43, 44 and 45
Psychic development Ps 78
Repel all harmful conditions Ps 100
Spiritual enlightenment Ps 25
Spiritual power, Ps. 99
Thanksgiving Ps 30, 116

Ps 119 has some specific healing texts. It has 22 divisions, each with 8 verses. Each of the 22 divisions starts with a Hebrew letter as a power form that can be used like a sigil & drawn on the candle. Use the one that starts the division containing the verse you use.

Arms or legs: lines 97-104 right side; lines 121-128 left side
Depression, lines 49-56
Ears, lines 153-160 right side; lines 169-176 left side
Eyesight, lines 17-24
Headache, lines 161-168
Hip, kidneys, liver lines 65-72
Palsy, lines 1-8
Torso, lines 57-64

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Timing & associations: Start on the week day associated with the intention if you want to use planetary influence.

🟡Sunday (Sun), leadership, health, advice
⚪️Monday (Moon), marriage, family, psychic endeavors
🔴Tuesday (Mars), conflict, legal matters
🔷Wednesday (Mercury), light blue-aqua, communication, education, divination
🔵Thursday (Jupiter), finances, job, prosperity, protection
🟢Friday (Venus), love, allure, fertility
⚫️Saturday (Saturn), black or indigo, endings, banishing

Interpreting the actions of the candle can tell the status of the spell. During the successive days, wax accumulating on the glass suggests residual issues may be effecting the manifesting of the spell. Just keep going. These can work out as time goes on. A melting pool of wax that accumulates suggests slow progress is being made through resistance.

Burn time. A fast burn shows the results are good to go without resistance, and a clean burn with no waxy residue on the glass shows all is well. A slow burn in which the flame just doesn't want to take hold suggests results will be slow to manifest. You may want to review the motivation of your intent and re-start. Wash & dry the candle before reusing it to remove the former associations.

Flame status. A weak flame shows slow results amidst resistance. A strong flame shows fast results. Flickering indicates the intention wasn't decisive, so re-light the wick if it doesn't settle down. A divided wick with 2 flames indicates you have powerful assistance on your side. And if the flame has been doing Ok and suddenly peters out and dies, the outcome was not going to be favorable. Rethink the intention.

Smoke. Smoke can occur randomly throughout a burn & when snuffing the flame. Black smoke indicates obstacles are being overcome so just keep going. White smoke is saying the intent is OK but there is some resistance, and keep on going. Lots of smoke indicates there are hidden issues being encountered. You may not have had the whole story. Keep going.

Soot. Black soot accumulating on the glass over time indicates opposition and negative energy is in the way. If it does not clear as the burn continues, clear your aura with a vinegar bath or sage smudge, or burning cloves & cinnamon on a coal. Keep going. White soot is a good sign that old baggage is being cleared, whereas clumps on the wick show that baggage is being carried and creating drag & resistance.
corvidus

Re: Novena Candle with Psalms

Post by corvidus »

Very interesting, thanks :)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I think my Goddess would be offended by a Catholic Novena Candle with Christian gibberish on it. Christianity has been lethal and so destructive to free thought, native cultures and Pagan/Witchcraft since it's fabrication in the time of Abraham and ancient Egypt. Emanations from such a candle would not be in harmony with our intentions. I like the dripless candles and you can scribe your own Sigil on it.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

This is posted in the Christo pagan section for those who wish to use it. If you don't accept the practice then I suggest you don't use it with your perceived god-form and allow others the freedom to make their own choice without harassment. As you should be aware many magical practices use Psalms as spells. How can a candle be Catholic? It's a commercially produced commodity.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

The crucifix and rosary are also commercially produced commodities that might seem out of place on a Pentagram plate or Wiccan altar just as the Pentacle would seem out of place on an Evangelical church altar (would stir quite a ruckus) and I was just apprising candle users of possible confusing and conflicting Sigil use they may not have considered. To each his/her own modality of practice. Peace Sorry if I offended anyone's sensitivities.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not buying it Shek. I doubt an evangelical would be reading this site except to troll. Penn-Dutch churches sometimes feature pentagrams and in a Hebrew temple the five points of the pentagram were tied to the Pentateuch (the first five books of the bible) and represented as a whole the concept of truth. Innana was a crucified & resurrected Sumerian Goddess. Odin was hung on a tree for enlightenment. No conflicting issues. These symbols get passed around. Meh. (shrug)
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

That's ok Spirit Talker I love you anyway.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Pax. :mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Re: Candle with Psalms

Post by SapphireRoad »

SpiritTalker wrote:by SpiritTalker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm
It was exactly March the 1st 2018 that I took a midday nap and dreamed of child in outdoor water with inscription
יהשוה
or Jesus. So I took a memory back to searching the web and found that one of likely birthdays of Jesus HaMes-Iah was indeed 1st March, 7BC.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Candle with Psalms

Post by SpiritTalker »

Everything is connected ;)

I hadn’t seen your comment before today :roll:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Candle Magic with Psalms

Post by Firebird »

I'm sort of with Shekinah, it's like maybe people are so frightened about burning in hell that they can't break free of Christianity on any level so they add what they are familiar with. Also I wonder how much of the mystical already in place by ancient pagans was usurped to convince the people to change over, like Jesus's birthday.
SL SapphireRoad wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:22 am
SpiritTalker wrote:by SpiritTalker » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:04 pm
It was exactly March the 1st 2018 that I took a midday nap and dreamed of child in outdoor water with inscription
יהשוה
or Jesus. So I took a memory back to searching the web and found that one of likely birthdays of Jesus HaMes-Iah was indeed 1st March, 7BC.
Which falls in almost every month except maybe February, nobody knows when he was born, and nobody knows where he was for the first several years of his life. Did he really go to England to train with the Druids? Seems pretty plausible.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Christian Witchcraft”