Closure/Ending Rituals?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
march

Closure/Ending Rituals?

Post by march »

I've recently come to an ending of an important chapter of my life. I've been trying to find some sort of ritual I can do to really close off that part of my life and start the new one.

So far all I've been able to find is about death and mourning. Symbolically, it can be considered a death, but it's also a new beginning and I want to create something that really celebrates that. It isn't a sad ending and I don't want to treat it as such.

Does anyone have any advice for designing some sort of ritual to celebrate an ending and a new beginning? I've never done a ritual before and I'm kind of at a loss for ideas. Any guidance is appreciated.

I hope I did this well haha

Thank you! Blessed be :^)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Closure/Ending Rituals?

Post by SpiritTalker »

How about a birthday party theme? Go out to dinner& have the waitperson bring cake & ice-cream. Not all rituals need to be in circles.

Or decorate a fairy door...2 doors glued back to back, so you close one door & open another? Or decorate both sides...that which is behind you & that towardscwhich you travel. Then bless it within a simple ritual circle...something like that? You can do a lot with cardboard, scissors and colored marking pens, & glue. If you can't draw, print off some door pics and improvise. Go to the woods and build them with twigs, twine & leaves. Or go whole hog and visit an arts n crafts store & look at "miniatures"... But it could start an addiction, so be warned.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Have you researched transition rituals? Those might not be as focused on death and mourning.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
march

Post by march »

SnowCat wrote:Have you researched transition rituals? Those might not be as focused on death and mourning.

Snow
That's a good idea! I never thought of phrasing it like that.
SpiritTalker wrote:How about a birthday party theme? Go out to dinner& have the waitperson bring cake & ice-cream. Not all rituals need to be in circles.

Or decorate a fairy door...2 doors glued back to back, so you close one door & open another? Or decorate both sides...that which is behind you & that towardscwhich you travel. Then bless it within a simple ritual circle...something like that? You can do a lot with cardboard, scissors and colored marking pens, & glue. If you can't draw, print off some door pics and improvise. Go to the woods and build them with twigs, twine & leaves. Or go whole hog and visit an arts n crafts store & look at "miniatures"... But it could start an addiction, so be warned.
I already had a going away party, but it didn't provide the kind of closure I needed. I like the fairy door idea, I'll be sure to do some brainstorming.

Thanks for the help all!
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

If you'd like to stay simple do a ritual of thanksgiving. Your thanking the powers that be, the multiverse, the Goddess(es) and/or God(s) of your choice or the fae that lives in the woods near your home. Basically what or whoever(s) important to you and helped you get from point A to the point B your at now. Segway into a spell to ask for aid in this new portion of your path, the journey from the point B your at and the objective(s) you hope to accomplish. This can be simple {Woden, fly to me in my hour of need. Come yourself, don't send your son Thor, this is no job for a boy.} or complex enough you wear out two pairs of winged sandals on Hermes feet. Keep good humor in your spell work. This is a joyous celebration of places you've been and the limitless horizons calling you onward.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”