*Urgent question* What to do when there's no moon in summer?

For all things "moon", your guide to magical moon work, moon phases, etc.
CaliCrow

*Urgent question* What to do when there's no moon in summer?

Post by CaliCrow »

I live near the arctic circle, so during summer, the sun doesn't set until after midnight, and I can't usually see the moon. As you can imagine, this impedes my ability to: make moon water, draw down the moon, etc. Summer is coming up, and the days are getting longer. I'm not sure what to do, as Im still mostly a baby witch.
Keith . 16 years of age . Trans boy . Was called MoonBright when he first joined . Green/Pop Culture witch
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: *urgent question* What to do when there's no moon in sum

Post by SnowCat »

The moon will still exist, even if you can't see it, so maybe get some charts showing the phases and positions throughout the year. From those, you should be able to approximate the moon's position, relative to where you are. Then comes the visualization. You might need to get creative, and "look through the earth," to "see" the moon. Try getting a feel for the energy on the nights when you can actually see the moon. Once you know how that energy feels, you should be able to connect with it, even when you can't see the moon.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

For items that need the moon to produce, an easy way I can see to have enough of whatever item, is to produce a surplus of the item and budget their use over the summer moonless period. As to drawing down the moon, or a like working, research in the astronomy section of your library or on the web, when the moon is passing overhead during daylight. It's still there even if you can't see it. You should be able to estimate the moon's rough position at a given time. You may be able to faintly see it. People who do a lot with Astrology may be able to help or have easier ideas. I hope that helps with a place to start.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

We've had cloudy full moon nights for months so I havent seen the moon in ages. I point my face towards some slightly brighter spot in the ground-lit clouds and just carry on. The Moon & it's influence is still there as Snow said.

Imagine how you would proceed if you were blind-folded. If you sit very still can you feel the Moon's pull in your physical or your energy-body? That would be an interesting sense to cultivate for a witch.

Maybe you can take advantage of other land and sky features unique to the area you live in. When is it dark enough to see stars? Maybe you could work with seasonal constellations. Research the mythology around the ones you can see so their "personality" has a presence in your imagination. That is an authentic way to draw down celestial power.
CaliCrow

Post by CaliCrow »

Thank you all so much! These ideas are basically life-savers XD! I made a bit of moon water last night, and I'll research the local mythology on the celestial bodies. Again, thanks so much!!
Keith . 16 years of age . Trans boy . Was called MoonBright when he first joined . Green/Pop Culture witch

Return to “Working with the Moon”