Crystals to aid dreamwork

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
GroundedDancer

Crystals to aid dreamwork

Post by GroundedDancer »

Hi everyone,

I've been working up to start my dream-work, as I have strong affinity for "prophetic" type dreams, and have been thinking of using crystals to aid me. I could easily look up what a general google search has to say about what stones I should use, but I thought it would be much nicer to ask the community I've become part of :)

I was thinking selenite and crystal quartz, but is there something I could be overlooking? Maybe Labradorite?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Crystals to aid dreamwork

Post by SpiritTalker »

Herkemer diamond is a quartz that is double terminated and even a teeny one under the pillow in a pouch with a tablespoon of vervain does a lot. And if you have a personal favorite stone that sings to you, include it.
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

SpiritTalker wrote:Herkemer diamond is a quartz that is double terminated and even a teeny one under the pillow in a pouch with a tablespoon of vervain does a lot. And if you have a personal favorite stone that sings to you, include it.

Oooh, thanks a lot for this! I'll definitely be looking into it, it sounds promising.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Clear Quartz because its basically a jack of all trades and can pretty much be programmed for anything.
Azurite is a good starting stone for prophetic dream work.
Amethyst is also fantastic for dream work and anything to do with the spiritual realm.

It might be worth throwing a Violet Fluorite in the mix to protect yourself.

I'd also second SpiritTalker on the Herkimer Diamond.

Just experiment a bit and find what works best for you. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Amethyst
Selenite
Angelite
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Ditto what everybody else said, but a piece of rose quartz in the mix may come in handy in the beginning. Great stone for protection from nightmares and night terrors. Never hurts to have back-up if things get too intense when starting out.

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

I vote for Citrine crystal. But like others have said, clear quartz is a good option.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I highly recommend placing one of your crystals in a cup of Mugwort tea.

Mugwort is an incredible dream herb ;)
It makes me a bit restless while trying to fall asleep, but once I do finally doze off my dreams are quite vivid and easy to remember.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

What about fluorite? I have several fluorite diamonds, but I know very little about crystals as dream enhancement.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi Corvidus, I have heard mugwort are really good for lucid dreaming. I always have trouble with lucid dreams, and I was wondering if it really helps or not? Maybe I should try some mugwort tea in the future. :flyingwitch:
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Binglian wrote:Hi Corvidus, I have heard mugwort are really good for lucid dreaming. I always have trouble with lucid dreams, and I was wondering if it really helps or not? Maybe I should try some mugwort tea in the future. :flyingwitch:
Hey there Binglian!

In my experience Mugwort is an awesome dream herb, but for me it doesn’t produce lucid dreaming on its own. It definitely helps in dream recall, as well as making the dreams more real. I actually haven’t ever tried to lucid dream with it.

However, I suspect that Mugwort tea combined with lucid dreaming techniques/meditations will work pretty well :)
Zeta_Star

Post by Zeta_Star »

I've been having a lot of strange dreams recently. Mostly these dreams are of the past but I can't quite decipher them as there is a lot of random things mixed within them. I never thought to use crystals to help aid with dreams but I'll surely give this a go. Now where to get some good crystals? :?
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

TwilightDancer wrote:It might be worth throwing a Violet Fluorite in the mix to protect yourself.
Violet Fluorite is my most favourite of all I have.

I'd say stones like fluorite, amethyst would be Pisces-related and give psychic sensitivity to all realms of creation. Also they would give the psychic power, you get the feeling you could pierce through matter with your gaze.

To be dream-world specific, we'd strive for the Cancer and Moon-related stones, so for dreams specifically it would be Moonstone and Silver. (White Gold maybe?)

All stones related to water and maybe air element would help.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Zeta_Star

Post by Zeta_Star »

Violet Fluorite sounds like a great one to start with. What do you think of getting some on ebay?
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Zeta_Star wrote:Violet Fluorite sounds like a great one to start with. What do you think of getting some on ebay?
When I tried to get a Fairy Cross (Staurolite) through ebay from Russia the order got cancelled and money returned.
Might be worth to keep trying through ebay though.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”