What source does a pendulum get its answers from?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Throughalloftime

What source does a pendulum get its answers from?

Post by Throughalloftime »

Hi everyone! Out of curiosity, where does everyone believe a pendulum gets its answers from? I personally believe it interprets our energy to answer us. Bb
a.e.d.
corvidus

Re: What source does a pendulum get its answers from?

Post by corvidus »

That’s one way. Answers can also come from guardians, higher self or spirits
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi Throughhalloftime- can you expand a bit on how the pendulum interprets our energy? For my thoughts, I agree but sense it's a subliminal thing from ourselves, and the pendulum is inanimate. Thanks.

Edit: ive changed the salutation abbreviation of the OPs name per request.
Throughalloftime

Spirit-
I think that the pendulum simply moves from the energy it picks up from us for each particular question. The only thing that it does is work off our energy. I do not think the pendulum has any power, I simply think that it is susceptible to the energies and simply acts as a physical object in which our energy passes through and then answers us. Is that what you mean? Because that is what I believe.
a.e.d.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think we're trying to say the same thing.
Throughalloftime

I think so too! Haha
a.e.d.
Throughalloftime

What kind of energy is your pendulum using

For those of you that believe a pendulum gets its answers by interpreting your energy, do you believe that energy comes from your higher self? I honestly think it's just energy
a.e.d.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Throughalloftime,
Please write your pendulum questions and information in one thread only. This way you'll get more useful information, when others can read the previous answers you've gotten, as well as all the questions you have. Thank you!
Anne Boleyn

Post by Anne Boleyn »

I think it is like asking if a fire is used to generate light, generate heat, or diffuse a smell/create ambiance. The flame on my white pillar candle by my meditation altar serves a very different purpose than the flame on my Yankee Candle in my bathroom and both serve a very different purpose than the flame in my pellet stove, while the flame on my stove is entirely different from all of them. Like fire, the energy and function of a pendulum depends on the pendulum and what you are doing with it, what it’s made of, and so on.

I have a healing pendulum, it diagnoses energy issues and helps rearrange energy to fix holes or energy flow issues. That’s based only on the energy of me and the person being healed. I have one for communication, the energy for that one comes from a source that’s variable, of the universe, and from something bigger than I think I’m built to comprehend. I have another because it felt me and was drawn to me, it comes and goes from my possession, and it works by reading my energy and only my energy.

So, that’s a really long way of saying “it depends.”
Throughalloftime

Can pendulums answer what you fear if you are emotionally attached to the answer?
a.e.d.
Anne Boleyn

Post by Anne Boleyn »

Sure, it just depends on if you’re willing to see it and enter into the question as neutrally as possible. That said, it has been my experience that if you’re having a question where you’re emotionally tied to the answer, the solution isn’t in finding the answer but making peace with the question.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

I wouldn't put much faith in the divination practices because any seemingly correct answers are more or less intuitive and would have been felt with or without the chicanery of pendulum or tarot or whatever. If the spirit realm wishes to communicate with us they certainly do not need ambiguous instrumentalities to do so.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

HAHAHA. Spirit. uhmmm. Your abbreviation of the OP's name is a pejorative in common culture at the moment.
Might want to edit it.

I agree with Shekinah about divination up to a point. As a system of infinite potential, the best diviniation is still going to based on "your most likely course of action" that you have probably already decided on.

Before I pull the cards, or pendulum I put significant thought in to what I am really trying to learn. What do I really want to know.

Most of the time I answer my self with "I want validation that I am making the right decisions to stay in line with my ethos"...and you can do that for yourself.

When I do pull the cards or pendulum now, I try to use it as a snapshot of current events. I never try to look past the next moon phase.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

HopefulChild wrote:HAHAHA. Spirit. uhmmm. Your abbreviation of the OP's name is a pejorative in common culture at the moment.
Might want to edit it.
Huh? I'm not following (??) . It's just an abbreviation of the OP user name. Nothing intended. :shock:

Edit: I looked it up :oops: and have edited the abbreviation. Thanks for the heads up. :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What kind of energy is your pendulum using

Post by SpiritTalker »

Throughalloftime wrote:For those of you that believe a pendulum gets its answers by interpreting your energy, do you believe that energy comes from your higher self? I honestly think it's just energy
The energy isn't random as it is channeled thru our bodies, using our automatic nervous system and muscles. Nerves & muscles interpret nothing but the electrical signals they are fed. What feeds them?

Dowsers intuitively sense the presence of underground water & minerals. When I'd used a map & pendulum to locate water it was as if I were walking the locale in person. I really can't explain it. When I'd dowsed my property for water pipes I found them. There's more than random energy involved.

Return to “General Divination”