Does Empathy Attract People? (Poorly written)

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
PeakoftheTrees

Does Empathy Attract People? (Poorly written)

Post by PeakoftheTrees »

Hello! So, ever since I heard what an empath was, I knew I was one.

Lately, I've been having people coming to me about serious mental health issues. Four in two months, in fact. Two of which I had no relationship with, one who I've never met in real life and lives halfway across the world, and none of them talk to me whatsoever anymore.

Do you feel that it's a possibility they're drawn to me because of my empathy? And how can I try and make this an easier time for me? I've had to call the police to a friends house this week because they tried to overdose, and it's causing my own mental issues if I'm being honest.
Ashrend

Re: (Suicide, Self-harm) Trigger Warning? Issues With My Emp

Post by Ashrend »

I'm an empathetic of sorts as well and know what you're talking about. I think it's a bit of both that as an empathetic people are drawn to us but we also draw them in. We ask them what's wrong and see if we can help them and in cases like this it can severely affected are own mental health. IV called the police myself on a past friend to ensure their safety and r friendship died after that, because although I did the right thing she didn't trust me anymore. In the end I saved her life and she's living happily enough now. The only way to not upset are own mental health in my opinion is to disengage. Don't ask what's wrong and convince them your a good listener. I know this sounds incredibly harsh and makes you feel responsible for another person's well being but in the end we are only responsible for are selves and who we choose. I struggle with this even tho I know this as a logical truth for me because I want people to be happy and if I can do that I want to do that. But people with severe mental health need professional help, not us. We can't convince them that life is worth living because everyone has to find their own reasons for living wether is to help people, to love, to become something great or to see the world. Everyone has to find their own reasons. I know this is the truth because I've had severe mental health and it's on going.
PeakoftheTrees

Re: Does Empathy Attract People? (Poorly written)

Post by PeakoftheTrees »

Same with the mental health stuff, hang in there!
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

PeakoftheTrees wrote:Same with the mental health stuff, hang in there!
And you too, my mental health is good atm but it never goes away
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: (Suicide, Self-harm) Trigger Warning? Issues With My Emp

Post by SpiritTalker »

:evilwitch: it surely sounds like you've been riding the empath's merry go round. :shock:
I'll make this brief...

Grounding after each encounter helps drain off the stress. Five minutes spent in visualizing flushing the chakras In sequence from the ground up, and then passing the open palm of your power hand from crown to crotch to shut down can bring relief. A mug of hot cocoa heals many wounds. A heart pumping ride on playground swings restores our center. Shielding ... Cant survive without it. Complicated fixes aren't required. These maintenance practices are simple to do and effective.

Of course empaths attract the wounded. There's no mystery to it, just open energy exchange. It's all energy :D
PeakoftheTrees

Post by PeakoftheTrees »

Thank you so much! I'm newer to my spirituality but I've always known about my empathy, though never had the words for it or methods to cope, but I'm very excited to try these out for myself.
GhostRider
Banned Member

Post by GhostRider »

You can also visualize a shield going up around yourself every morning. Think of it as masking you abilities so they don't attract the mentally wounded. You can also raise a barrier against being flooded with everyone's emotions. This can keep you sane when you are in large public groups. Always ground yourself every morning for the day ahead. Ground if needed during the day. Ground at night to shed the remains of the day. It also makes you ready for anything you might pick up while sleeping. Practice this and you will become a more exact empath who minimizes the mental beating you have to take. You'll find you can direct your empathy to single people while staying shielded from others. It does take time to learn. Exercise your abilities and control and you will be the better for it. I've found it to be so.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Good points :) and I've found that letting my inner child out to play (re: playground swings) is self healing. If it's raining like it is today where I live, i recommend a short splash in the puddles, stomping out irritations until you laugh. Hee hee hee. Gotta go find me some puddles!
GhostRider
Banned Member

Post by GhostRider »

I heartily agree. I am like an 8 year old on a sugar high some days. The more intricate the mind the greater the need for time in the simplicity of play.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”