I can't stop the nightmares

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Shinkko

I can't stop the nightmares

Post by Shinkko »

I never had visions like this, or memories before.
But then I died. I came back and now everything is different.

My nightmares I thought at first were just nightmares. But it's too...it's too real.

First vision was just water...

I'm struggling and can't move. I drown.

More dreams later and I see that I had a family and a life in a very small village. I befriended A young woman who was a slave? She cleaned and cooked the house I lived in. I would help her but get in trouble. She had a way about her, and I learned she could do magic. I was to keep the secret because the people didn't like things like that.

She began teaching me, before a neighbor saw. Suddenly the entire village is pulling, clawing at us. I had to watch in terror as they tied her up to a post and set it ablaze.

My father just looked at me and told me to a chair. "I believe in you my daughter, but you must proove you are no witch to the village."

And they threw me into the river, where I sank and struggled to get free. It ends there.

At first...I thought just a horrible series of nightmares...but the river at the end got to me. I'm scared of water, well no...I love water, I love pools.

But lakes and ponds I can't do. I'm terrified of rivers, and never really knew why. I think I do now...

How can we really tell the difference between dream, and past life memory?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: I can't stop the nightmares

Post by SpiritTalker »

We can stop defining things as being either this or that but see instead how things can be both this and that simultaneously. We can change our perception of what being awake is. We walk equally well in the between and the now. Seeing with the eyes of the soul gives a bigger view than seeing with the bodily eyes.

Ask why it matters if something in a dream-Consciousness state should cross over to the awake-Consciousness state. Is some thing we experienced in New York less or more "real" when we are in California? They are just different "states".
Shinkko

Post by Shinkko »

What do you mean when you say we walk in the between and now?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

"Between" is a Witchy-way of referring to neither here nor there...like a bridge is between one place and another, it still is a place. "Now" is a way to refer to our mundane consciousness. We say a cast circle is between worlds, neither here nor there. When we are out-of-body we call it riding the hedge, because it is between again. A witch on a broom is traveling out-of-body.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe another more relevant mundane way is by doing historical research. As an example I'd dreamt I was holding the reigns while seated in a covered wagon crossing a stream while my husband guided the horseS nose On foot. Just as our wagon came up the opposing bank our group of wagons was set upon by Indians. I was dragged from the seat and clubbed. Poof. Lights out. Horror over.

Many years later I had relocated from Michigan to Idaho. I was in Idaho about 10'years. I came across a historical reference to one of the few actual attacks by native Amer-Indians on white settlers.

Just to show how mundane these things can be, when I say I "came across" a reference, in truth I was putting away the dishes at an Idaho friend's house & spotted some drinking glasses on a cupboard shelf. They were Shed's Peanut Butter commemorative glasses in which peanut butter had been sold. The one that caught my eye had a ref to the Bannock Indian Massacre. I got goose bumps over that glass. I felt like I was going to pass out. Not a normal response to a drinking glass.

I did some research & drove to the area of the historical event & looked around. Of significance i found there's an historical marker plaque by the river denoting an attack on a wagon train at the site. That's as near as I could get to confirming what I'd dreamt as an event was an actual event. However, it doesn't "prove" I was historically there when it happened, but rather only that I'd dreamt of an historical event (of which id had no prior knowledge) as if it had happened to me. I have to draw my own conclusions because of my weird response to the peanut butter glass. So far no one has yet uncontrovertibly proven a soul even exists.

And when I was making my present-life first ever trip out west, I'd been fully awake walking down the sidewalk of modern day Cheyenne, Wyoming with friends but what I actually experienced had been a prior century. As id crossed a street I tried to drag a friend & dive out of the way of a horse drawn wagon that had come out of nowhere, when it drove right thru me. That's when I realized I was having a "between" but waking experience. It rattled my cage a wee bit. I also knew exactly what the train depot would look like although I'd never been there. My friend's rolled their eyes and complained, but I insisted I needed to look inside. Somthey waited in the car while i went inside for peek. Er, yup. That's what I'd "seen" and we could get on with our trip.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm feeling like a broken record that just keeps playing, but I was thinking about the experiences you've described (hmm...but instead of typing "described" I just typed "destined") & note you have different types of experiences to sort through. One is the "near-death" experience of death and return, plus physical recovery & the other is past-life recall. Getting hit upside the the head by any one of these would be tough enough to reconcile but you've gotten a tripple whammy. All 3 are life-changing experiences that reshape everything.

And on that side note of my subconsciously having typed "destined" before I corrected it... Well I would seem to want to suggest that these awakening events were destined. You could say that your over-soul, higher-self had guided you to the experiences to facilitate awakening. Like your grandmother said, it's time to wake.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think part of the problem is that we are taught that time is linear. It does help us to not go completed cuckoo, but it also makes it harder to reconcile experiencing things from other lives in the "now." Or even re-experiencing things fron this life, in the "now."

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shinkko

Post by Shinkko »

All of this has been very helpful.

The cup you talked about reminds me of when my husband took us to a lake. I live in the desert, so I had the fortune to never actually encounter a large body of water.
I refused to go in. Fish, play, I refuses everything to do with the lake. I just kept seeing me under the water unable to move. My husband's best friend who is a friend to me as well when he isn't a jack ass. He is VERY powerful. I mean spiritual being around him he makes a lot of people angry because he can see their desires.

I don't quite know if I believe what he says but he helped pulled me back as well. The same time my grandmother gave me the choice. The thing is...I didn't quite make that choice, it was made for me.

He tells me we are connected and I may have his dreams. Which I have oddly enough. (Trust me...is fricken creepy talking to this guy about this) The only past life experience that I believe is truly mine was the drowning.

Which confused me even more. I always want to just talk to him, but my husband is a jealous sort and I never want to ruffle feathers. So I came here
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Turn the tables on the squirt - how d'you know he's not having your dreams? Anyhow, his commenting on it is an old dominance tactic. If he were decently concerned he'd keep his mouth shut. Many people use such superiority behaviors without even realizing the significance. IMO you'd be well within your human rights to quietly slap that behavior down to size. When somebody pulls that dominance ploy they want to appear powerful, but really they aren't. So either squash it or walk away. Don't feed it. The spirit that controls you is the one you feed. Then your hubby has no grounds for envy.

Edited.
Shinkko

Post by Shinkko »

I have told him to shut up. Tried turning the tables I just keep my mouth shut and ignore him.

That gets to him the most. He loves getting reactions out if people so I learned long ago. Ignore and they have no leg to stand on.

He will just keep talking at me though and telling him to shut up makes it worse because then he truly never ever shuts up.

But sometimes i listen and the things I have listened to just was creepy how...accurate he was. I don't think he saved my life no. My grandmother told me to wake up. I may have not made the actual dicision to stay, or maybe the very instant I thought of it I came back.

But he likes to think it. *Rolls eyes*
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Telling a huckster to shut up just let's them know they are getting to us. Laughing at their song & dance & walking away gets to them. They are so full of beans :lol: as you've said, jerk!

I'd read Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' "Death & Dying" & I'm sure you must have read some accounts as well. It does seem like thinking of returning makes it happen.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Nod and smile, say "hmm." Then walk away. You're not agreeing or disagreeing, you're disengaging, and moving on.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Shinkko

Post by Shinkko »

@Spirit talker
He is. I'm glad he can't come over much anymore. He can't stop getting stupid terrible women that aren't good mom's pregnant. He ends up with the kid. He had 5 kids in the span of 2 years with 4 different women. The current one he is with now has had two kids with him...plus 3 of her own.
He too busy *giggle*

@Snowcat
I'll try that next time, thanks!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

He's caught in self-deluding behavior of his own making. He really really needs the full red pill wake up call.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”