New staff

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Ashrend

New staff

Post by Ashrend »

This is my new stave, it's taken a long time to finish it partly just because it hasn't been the right time to make it and partly because it's taken a lot of work. It is a piece of drift wood I found on a walk by the river most likely to be dark walnut. I've carved in the elder furthrak along its side along with a scale pattern around the top of these runes as a grip. The runes have also been burned into the wood before treating the entire thing with raw lindseed oil with about 5 total coats. There is brown twine around the second branch down along with a set of tumble gems for strength, insight and protection. A quartz crystalline bound to the top and five feathers hung from the first branch being 2 owl feathers, 2 raven feathers and a pigeon feather for their properties. During the carving stage I smoothed and rounded all the edges except for the brnachs making them almost to points carved to resemble dragon horns. I'm very proud of this and will end up taking it to the greenman festival. What do you peeps think? Have you got any new tools to show off?ImageImageImageImageImage
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New staff

Post by SpiritTalker »

Stunning work of devotion.
I got a chuckle out of the mantlepiece skull in goggles. :mrgreen:
EveningWithAstaroth

Post by EveningWithAstaroth »

That is gorgeous work you've done with your staff Ashrend.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Very nice Ashrend. There are few things so satisfying as creating something that is distinctly and individually yours. Well done.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thanks guys I really do love it , it was such an enjoyable project wish I could do it all over again
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

Love it, way cool! :flyingwitch:

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”