Sigil work

CleverlyDisguised

Sigil work

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and would be willing to post kind of a guide for it... my sigil work is rudimentary at best otherwise I would do it myself :)
Last edited by Firebird on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleverly, please fix the tapatalk signature
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Sigil work

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm not sure if by a "guide" you meant how-to directions? Here's my two-cents:

Sigils can be simple or complicated, depending on your artistic skill in using colored pencils or inks & the quality of the paper you use.

A Word Sigil is a spell made up of the letters of your written intention. Use any alphabet. Write the goal on paper in a few present-tense words to claim it. Cross out the vowels and duplicate letters so only one of each consonant remains like a tx msg (text message). Rearrange the remaining letters artfully in any way - upright, reversed, exaggerated - into a hieroglyph. Draw a circle around it to "hold" the image. Cut the encircled sigil out or transfer it to clean paper. Set your intent. Then burn it to transform it which is a key step with word sigils as our words must be transformed to manifest. Dispose of the ash or reuse it in another spell.
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spell check
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

This is pretty much what I was trying to get for folks... I couldn’t figure out how to explain it properly
Last edited by Firebird on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cleverly, please fix the tapatalk signature
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Most folks don't realize the Christian cross pendant is a Sigil and carries with it a dogma you may not wish wafting around your bio-field. So if we not be a Christian one should not wear it's Sigil thinking it only a harmless piece of jewelry.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh good point to bring up, shekInah. All religious symbolism carries the weight of the minds that carry their imprint. That can be very useful too in sigil work, and it's good to be aware of the slant of the symbols we borrow.

Return to “Advanced Witchcraft”