Magazine's zodiac things

General questions and conversations about astrology.
lilPainter

Magazine's zodiac things

Post by lilPainter »

What are your words/opinion on this?
At college i was told by a man who worked in a news paper that the horoscope in magazines is made by newbies
sun Scorpio, rising Aries, moon Sagittarius
Disclaimer: english is not my first language so i maaaaay write in a botched way, feel free to correct me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Magazine's zodiac things

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just curious, What were the speaker's credentials? My dad "worked at" the local newspaper too part time & drove a truck. :D

I don't put much stock in any two-sentence astrology forecast blurbed in newspapers or a 2-page layout in a fashion 'zine. Those are just for fun & are a space filler that paid the fee. There are magazines dedicated to astrology with a more serious take on the subject for people who like charting their course, but a general-purpose magazine forecast is still only "trends".

A personal astrology chart professionally preparred will draw on info based on individual birthdate & birth location. This would supposedly relate to the impact of cosmic energies for balancing personal high action and low action periods for certain categories of activities throughout the year, like home, family, work, health, etc. And "trends" and "tendencies" need detailing to be of any use to apply to those activities.

When I'd worked at a Catholic cemetery we adjusted & tried to accommodate those whose cultures astrologically charted auspicious days/hours for their family member burials like Chinese, Korean & Vietnamese.

The most I've gotten out of astrology is getting a clue to relationships pro's and cons & when my strong & weak seasons are likely to be so I can take health precautions.

Most modern charting is by ever evolving computer programs & use the one-size-fits-all approach of midnight.
lilPainter

Re: Magazine's zodiac things

Post by lilPainter »

I believe he was an editor, i can't be sure. That being said i never believed those horoscopes in general magazines (they are way too vague) but i recently decided to take a full horoscope reading and as you said, it involves location, time and a lot of factors that are obviously not taken in mind in general magazines and it amazed me but at the same time made me think that said magazines are pretty much making bad propaganda to the real thing
sun Scorpio, rising Aries, moon Sagittarius
Disclaimer: english is not my first language so i maaaaay write in a botched way, feel free to correct me.

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”