Understanding my Gifts

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Nightfyre

Understanding my Gifts

Post by Nightfyre »

For as long as I can remember, I have always been in tune with what people are feeling, often without looking at them or conversing with them at all. At the same time, I find myself mirroring those same emotions without cause, for instance getting angry without knowing what about only to realize its someone else whose angry. I also see things, before they happen, sometimes in dreams sometimes while awake, I can never control it nor tell if its a dream/day dream until its happening. I need help understanding these gifts, and in learning how to better control them if possible. Blessed be
barker

Re: Understanding my Gifts

Post by barker »

The practice of meditation updates "beautiful life" with its ups and downs to "sound life" with its constancy of clarity.
Aside from that I would say, these awakenings are all beautiful and fun no matter how you take them. My approach is to be very strict about thought. Pure thoughts are wants. Stuff doesn't much go wrong once you're out of the box.
Last edited by Firebird on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Capitalization, cursing
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Empathy is feeling other's emotions, and clairvoyance is experiencing visions, foreknowledge. If by "control" you mean turn them off, I've never found a way. It's like pushing down balloons in that holding one down makes others just pop up elsewhere.

Recognizing what's likely valid foreknowledge takes observing your own patterns. Journaling helps this. You can use meditation to program yourself with a recognition signal. Deciphering your dream language helps as well and you may find you already have reoccurring recognition symbols in place but didn't realize that's what you were telling yourself. Journaling helps discover these symbols.

Stability or staying grounded helps against being gob-smacked by an "incoming" event, as does an attitude of knowing this can't touch you. I associate this with the back of the neck, or what's called the lizard brain at the base of the skull. Self preservation instinct on steroids.

Developing shielding thru meditation & visualization aids against overwhelming outside emotions, but picking up other's feelings has uses in discerning if something is true or a lie. Avoiding hyped-up crowds like sports events, concerts & shopping malls on Black Friday is just good sense. Simple physical activity burns off the tension.

Using Ingo Swanns' protocols for remote viewing to "see" distant locations at-will puts the clair-gift to use & also helps you to "ride" out a vision. Using psychometry to read the history of a physical item is a useful exercise that also puts the seeing to work. Google it. There's lots available.

An interesting exercise is touching trees and sensing empathically their age & memories. They can't get up & leave so they know everything about their location. If you ask you can "see" thru their experience. It's good practice in opening the psi-flow & trees don't seem to object. But ask first & don't just barge in.

Just experimenting with the clairvoyance thru controlled meditation with centering & deep breathing, brings opportunities to put it to use. It's important to be respectful of other people's boundaries & to realize they feel threatened, just as you would, by peeping toms. Blurting out what one sees is no way to make friends & is cruel. Honoring others privacy is kindness. Dominance is never ok but cooperation is.
Nightfyre

Post by Nightfyre »

“barker” wrote:aside from that I would say, these awakenings are all beautiful and fun no matter how you take them. my approach is to be very strict about thought. pure thoughts are wants. Stuff doesn't much go wrong once you're out of the box.
You are right, I am very happy about these awakenings. I will take care to be more strict about my thoughts.
Nightfyre

Post by Nightfyre »

Spirit Talker,
Thank you for all the advice! I never imagined so many options available for using the gifts. I will begin practicing and using them better.
Nightfyre

Post by Nightfyre »

planewalker wrote:If I may - I find that a student just starting should concentrate on meditation and shielding. Start your day ordering your thoughts and grounding yourself. Next, visualize a shield going up around you. You don't want to be overwhelmed by an unstoppable bombardment of random thoughts. Just something for your consideration. He who fires at too many targets hits none.
Thank you Planewalker, I did this before I went to work for the day and didn't feel bombarded by everyone else's emotions all at once. I work at a pizza shop in the mall, so I am around a lot of people all day. My anxiety was lessened by a lot and I will definitely be using this more often.
barker

Post by barker »

Yes definately do not be the antichrist and do whatever you reckon, but focus on strengths, be that mind, heart, magic or even wisdom. There is something in you that only you can do. Focus on it and bring it forth, first into your time alone next into the real world. The gift I promise you is unconditionally pure.

Perhaps grounded and you are a master... that would be the path of truth.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”