Struggling

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
Ashrend

Struggling

Post by Ashrend »

Hey all I hope your well, I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice. My issue at the moment is my mental health isn't great, I'm managing but it's effecting things like me trying to advance myself along my path. IV go no motivation to do anything and even when IV forced myself to try and break the cycle after a few minuets it feels pointless and I quit. IV gotten a few sparks and random spouts of energy in my palms at time but everything else is dicsonnected and I just feel like paganism isn't part of my life at the moment. IV tried centering , grounding and sheilding on my smoke breaks at work but again doesn't feel like it makes any difference or reconnecting me to the great flow. I wear black agate necklace and a hermatite rig along with a chakara bracelet along with a ygdrassil leather bracelet but like I said I just feel completely dicsonnected to it all and I don't know how to get back into it. I'm trying CBD oil to improve my mental but ATM I'm vaping it and it's causing me issues with my asthma so I'm a bit stuck
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Struggling

Post by SnowCat »

It's okay to let paganism be sort of a background presence in your life for a while. You may have an unknown deity telling you to just relax and take it slow for a while. Just let things be what they will be, and if your pace is slower and more roundabout than you had expected, it's okay.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gotta agree. Step back for a bit. These twitches seem to indicate an adjustment is in progress. It's good to just let it be. Nature is cyclical & we are part of nature at many levels of consciousness so our connectedness fluxes at times. New neural pathways get created and we reconnect in more levels. Meanwhile we drive ourselves to distraction of doubt when focussing on feelings of loss and pointlessness, wondering what we think we're doing.

At these times we can adapt our routine to a lower energy rate. It's perfectly ok to "go thru the motions" until the circuits power up again in a new frequency or change our routine to reflect the low rate of flow.

We're in the period of harvest, so reflect on what has been gleaned for now.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thank you for your input, I guess I'll just take it easy for awhile and hope things pick up
barker

Post by barker »

It's a test. Strength, or patience, or faith, or knowledge?
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

I'm of DNA documented pagan heritage, but I identify as an American Nationalist because of my longstanding American homeland heritage. Also, I don't identify as a witch, just a believer in magic. Have I ever mentioned that I'm atheist?

It needs to pull you—not force you—on a path, at least for me. For instance, I didn't want magic, I didn't seek magic, and I didn't believe in magic. In other words, I was drawn to it, almost against my free will because I wasn't looking for it.

Maybe just go with the natural flow?
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

I completely agree with everyone when they say you need to step back. Your first priority should be your mental health. You certainly can't expect to have a fulfilling spiritual life if you're not taking care of your mental health in the process.

However, I do suggest that you stop vaping. It's definitely unhealthy, and it's even more dangerous for people with issues with mental health. I read that most people with hardcore drug addictions start with either vaping or smoking weed, and all of the people have some kind of mental health issue. I don't know if I'm old fashioned, but you definitely should not be self medicating with vaping CBD oil. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist about getting actual medication.
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Thank you all this has been super helpful, I have done as you have said and I do feel more connected now letting it flow more naturally so much so IV got some umph again with it looking into getting a crystal ball or scrying mirror. Thanks again
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have found positive affirmations to help with many issues. We all have humps and hills of various heights. It's most important to tell yourself you are doing the best you can in the moment, and stay away from bashing oneself. We are our own worst critic.
If you feel you are forcing things maybe a different path is best, it just hasn't presented itself yet. I think all things Craft should feel comfortable like and old friend or coming home.
@missbelledonna I think it is unfair to say all people with mental issues are on drugs, while it's true many drug addicts are self medicating, it is likely they never had proper resources to get help before it became too late. Then the drugs complicate getting well. CBD's are mostly for pain and won't get you "high". The pot leads to harder drugs sounds like the campaign from the 60's-70's. :mrgreen: Marijuana is has be vilified and it needs to be seen for the magical plant that it is.
Hey Ash, good to hear the wheel is turning for you.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
LC

Post by LC »

I vape and have had no problems. It hasn’t led to other drugs. Some insurances will pay for vape gear and juice because it helps people stop smoking.

I have a history of mental illness and it hasn’t affected. I’m actually doing good *knock on wood*

Taking a step back really helps. Focusing on your mental health and getting better will help. I had hit a block not too long ago but with the suggestions from others on what books to read, my motivation has gotten stronger than before.

Take time and use self care
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Paganism will still be here if and when you decide to look into it again. It's not a rigid path so don't feel guilty if you haven't completed X number of spells this month or haven't felt a connection to the earth in a while. Also, paganism isn't for everyone. I'm saying that as a general comment, I'm not implying anything specific about you.

Congratulate yourself on every little thing you achieve (pagan-related or otherwise). Mental health problems can make simple things really difficult so good on you if you manage to get any little thing done in this situation.

I'm going to assume that you have other things going on in your life besides paganism. Sometimes, you have to put one thing on the back burner and prioritise something else. That's life but good on your for showing initiative in trying to reconnect with paganism. Good luck :)

Return to “Mental Health”