Powers

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
alexandrix

Powers

Post by alexandrix »

I am sorry if I didn’t posted where I should have been...I am just new and I really want to start my path, but I’ve got a few questions. Is everyone able to read the tarot cards? Do you need to have some...”powers” in order to succeed it? Or in general someone has to have some kind of specific traits in order to perform.
Ashrend

Re: Powers

Post by Ashrend »

It's not like a game character where your breed means your able to do certain magically, having said that everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but they are individual. Best way to find your abilities is to try them out or if you have anything that you feel points you in a certain direction. For instance my abilities that have so far revealed them selves are energy minipulation (shaping my own energy into elements ect), a little divination but needs work (getting a scrying mirror to see if I can improve this skills) and things to do with dragons.
alexandrix

Post by alexandrix »

How should I start discovering them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Can anyone do Tarot readings? I think it's a bit like playing the piano. Anyone can learn to read music and know what parts of the keyboard make specific notes that will combine well to make a tune. Someone with an ear for music will be much better at it than a tone deaf person who is just memorizing the patterns. The same song will be played but which one would you want to listen to? I feel that It takes a combination of skill & intuition working together to make a good reader.

When it comes to Tarot reading, I'm like a tone deaf person at a piano. I've tried different decks - you should look for one where the pictures interest you - & i find that i prefer the Le Norman deck which has none of the esoteric symbolism in the pictures. Then my logic doesn't get in the way of my intuition. That's just me. Other people will have their own informative comments. It's amazingly popular so obviously people enjoy it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

How do you start discovering your powers, your intuitive abilities? Just live your life and pay attention. These senses may show themselves as a feeling of uneasiness if discord is afoot or of peaceful euphoria if good is to come. You may be good at guessing answers to questions you'd not heard before. You might hear or see in your imagination how to solve a problem. Maybe a dream stays with you annoyingly until you see it happen in daylight. You may sense the life in plants, or empathicly feel the emotions of another person as if they were your own. You might know where someone hurts and want to comfort them. You may have flying dreams even when awake (mm-m, I love that one) or find brand new places are familiar like you've been there before. Maybe you'll see aura colors and mist around people as they move around. Or maybe you have good ability to focus your attention and not yield to distractions. These are just different types of abilities. They aren't exactly powers.

In witch crafting the power and the senses are combined but aren't the same thing. Power comes from the will, the intent. It's what we send outward from our gut to accomplish a task. It is a bit more Witchy ability than the receptive psychic senses, but without the incoming information of the senses we aren't going to be very smart about where to place the power of our intent.

We all have some ability &'can develop the one's we have without worrying about what we don't have. The basics involve being aware & then in-touch with the energy of your senses. One way is grounding so that you are aware of energy. Then centering so that you are in touch with it. Maybe you already know the terms. Just practice them. Do some quiet time inner reflection or meditation. Enjoy the discovery.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Tarot is an awesome tool to start learnin and resurfacing those 'gifts' we all have, but that get buried. If you have a deck start reading for yourself and see how it goes.

Tarot can be simple or complex so it's ideal to learn and develop. The decks are like cogs, all have a start and an end but are in continuous motion.

Major arcana are the big things happening in life. The number of the cards shows where you are on that journey. I've read Tarot for 25 years and it still teaches me something new.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Ashrend

Post by Ashrend »

Another way to learn about your abilities is going to workshops, crystal shops and meet ups of like minded people. You should get vibes and feels and pulls and pushes from things which can help you figure out what you can do or what your most attuned with. Such as going to a crystal shop and finding a wand that pulls you or a set of chakra crystals or a crystal ball ect

Return to “General Divination”