Magickal Jewelry DIYs

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
missbelladonna

Magickal Jewelry DIYs

Post by missbelladonna »

HI everyone! Anyone who knows me knows I love jewelry. I feel a little naked without it. I loved making my own jewelry at one point, and I learned a lot of simple things that made my jewelry special :flyingwitch:

Here are a few DIYs.

Locket Mojo Bag
My idea for this was instead of making a mojo bag and carrying it around with you, you can buy a special locket for your spell and fill it instead. It doesn't have to be a super fancy designer locket or anything. In fact, I love buying vintage lockets on Etsy. They're cheaper, and I think they're much more interesting that some of the pricy expensive ones you'd buy from Pandora or James Avery or something like that. You could certainly use a plain locket if you wanted to, though. When you choose your locket, make sure it isn't too flat. It should have some kind of roundness in the front so that it can close when you put things in it.
Here are some examples of what you can put in it:
Gemstone chips
Herbs
Essential oils (take a tiny piece of cotton and submerge it in oil and it will fit)
Ashes (you can write your intentions on a piece of paper and burn it)
Candle wax (a tiny bit)
Pictures!!
Hair (look up Victorian mourning lockets)

Wire Wrapped Gemstones
I love wire wrapping. I was never good at complex wire wrapping, but I think there are a few simple things you can do that don't take a lot of skill. You may have to practice a few times, but the results look really good. You can buy gemstone beads on Etsy (both raw and tumbled), and sometimes you can find a pretty cabochon with a hole in it.
Here are a few tutorials I've learned from. You might also want to get two sizes of jewelry wire (a thinner one like 24g and a thicker one like 20g).
Wire wrapped rings:
http://www.magpiegemstones.com/bingo_ri ... orial.html (raw undrilled stone rings)
https://www.craftsy.com/jewelry/article ... th-stones/ (stacking ring style rings with gemstone beads)
Wire wrapped chains for necklaces and bracelets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juq7P5ZmHxo

Beaded Bracelets
If you don't want to use wire, you can easily make a stretchy bead bracelet with gemstone beads (I think it's super fun to mix some glass and crystal beads in there too). You can even add small charms and symbols, mix in a locket charm maybe? You can tie knots between the beads to incorporate a knot spell as well.

Resin Jewelry
Resin is a little advanced, but it's still pretty easy to do. I'm not a perfectionist, so I don't mind some bubbles in my pieces, however you have to be kind of careful. If you don't mix it correctly, or if it's too cold in the room or the resin is too old, it won't set properly. It also kind of makes a mess. You need to do it in a ventilated area as well. Please look up some tutorials on how to do it, even if your resin kit comes with instructions. Also use gloves because some people have allergic reactions to it.
I know it sounds scary, but I promise if you don't eat it or drop it, it'll be fine lol.
Here are some ideas:
Pick a flower from a place you did a ritual and make a pendant with it
Take an herb and use a ring mold to make a ring with it
Make a small terrarium (there are some more 3D molds you can buy) of somewhere that is spiritually significant for you.

I hope you guys like these ideas! I tried to pick things that you'd actually want to wear (I know a lot of home made jewelry looks kind of ugly sometimes), but I tried to pick things that were beginner friendly as well.

Thanks!
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
corvidus

Re: Magickal Jewelry DIYs

Post by corvidus »

Awesome :)
I like magical jewelry. Here’s a post I made on an astrological arrangement:

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 34434.html
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hmm, love the resin preserved flower idea :) .
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Thanks corvidus! That tutorial is pretty cool. I think I'll try it sometime :)

Thanks SpiritTalker :) I made little rings out of lavender once, and I've always thought about making a little pendant out of my wedding bouquet... but I've never been married and I'm probably not get married soon lol
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”