Dance and Spirituality

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
GroundedDancer

Dance and Spirituality

Post by GroundedDancer »

Hi everyone!

I don't know who here is interested in Dance in connection with spirituality but I just wanted to share a fun class in NYC that might help others the way it helped me. It's called Witchcraft: A Corporeal Practice and its led by an amazingly intuitive person named Iele Paloumpis. I believe they still have classes at Gibney Dance in Manhattan, but she might be offering them in other locations as well.

The classes are peaceful and very eye-opening. As a dancer, I do struggle often with expressing true emotion in my movement. As someone going through my own spiritual journey, I am finding my way through everything and knowing who I am. The class has helped me satisfy both my dancer side and my spiritual side at the same time. Sometimes we meditate on the tarot deck, and then put what we receive through our meditation into movement. Sometimes we rely on Astrology and what it means for us individually. I love the class because Iele explains everything. They set up their altar and explains everything and why (for those students who stumble into the class not knowing what to expect), they explain what the planets and the moon are doing and what it signifies.

It's a wealth of information, and then you get to explore yourself and your own connections in this safe environment. My first class, I walked out kinda amazed at what I felt. I'd opened up a channel in myself that I hadn't realized existed, and I'd been able to express that through movement without hesitation. It was amazing.

So yea, if anyone is in NYC and wants to try something different, I'd suggest the class. smiley_dance
frostarei

Re: Dance and Spirituality

Post by frostarei »

I'm so far away but man am I interested. I almost wonder if maybe there is someone practicing similarly that streams or has a youtube channel. I'm going to do a bit of digging.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”