Pyramid vs Sphere for black mirror divinitation

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
HexesAndDecimals

Pyramid vs Sphere for black mirror divinitation

Post by HexesAndDecimals »

I want to try black mirror divination using hematite, ideally floating using maglev. Would there be a magical difference between using a sphere and a four- or three-sided pyramid?
Image vs
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Pyramid vs Sphere for black mirror divinitation

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think pyramids are generators & spheres are receivers. Nature makes planets round for some reason. The standard crystal ball has been used for gazing for centuries & not a pyramid or a cube (cubes anchor) so the stone carvers had some reason to intuitively choose the sphere shape IMO.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Why not try it and report back on your experiences with each?
I for one would be interested in reading :)
HexesAndDecimals

Post by HexesAndDecimals »

Thank you both for your responses! Most of what's stopping me is that large, solid hematite masses are kind of expensive (2.6" hematite sphere is 1.7lbs and $56). Also just realized that a 1.7lb sphere is gonna be too heavy for most mag-lev platforms (most only hold about 350 grams, and 1.7lbs is 700+ grams).

What are your thoughts on gazing upon a group of smaller, suspended mirrors? Like a group of these floating about four inches off the ground? I suppose the answer is the same; why not try it?

That's good to know about pyramids vs spheres, it had never occurred to me but it makes a lot of sense.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

One's all I can handle. I don't think I could focus on 6 or a moving target. Maybe with a group you'd focus on the central space between them? Or see impressions on the mind's eye & not on the sphere surface? Maybe like the way stones can call out to us at a shop just walking past?

Return to “General Divination”