Thoth as a Fatherly Figure

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
missbelladonna

Thoth as a Fatherly Figure

Post by missbelladonna »

Hi everyone!

For most of my life, I've always had a lot of strong Goddess energy surrounding me. I was always surrounded by strong women, and I'm so grateful because it made me a strong woman. However, I really never had any healthy male relationships until I got my job as a secretary and I was surrounded by nice educated men. I definitely have daddy issues, but that's way more than a spiritual problem lol. My point is that I always wanted father figures because my dad wasn't involved in my life, and I want to incorporate some God energy into my spirituality now that I feel more comfortable with men.

When I was thinking about Gods that may provide some protective fatherly energy, Thoth came to my mind for some reason. I really never knew much about him. I did some brief research on Egyptian mythology for a school project once, and I remembered that he was important. I did some research last night and it felt like he could fit that kind of role in my life.

Has anyone used Thoth in their spirituality? What kind of experience do you have?
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
barker

Re: Thoth as a Fatherly Figure

Post by barker »

Thoth is about immortality... essentially, truth, love and goodness. BUT, one would be through with his grace in about a month. So, not too much a father really. Someone more longstanding is Hermes, who can also be a father. But he's a tricky one from what I've heard. A bit evil.

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”