Cleansing Tarot Deck suggestions

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
GemmaVonDrachä

Cleansing Tarot Deck suggestions

Post by GemmaVonDrachä »

How should I cleanse my Dragon Tarot Cards :evilwitch:
So I was given a Dragon Tarot Deck from a close friend who is now passed from this world. When I moved at the beginning of the summer I accidentally misplaced the deck for a while and, let's just say I haven't been giving the deck the correct kind of tender love and divinary care one is supposed to give a deck or any tool of divination... (Slap's my own hand) Yes, I know.. BAD ME! :fairy: :oops: So as a result every reading is nothing but negative and almost angry results.. right as I type this up I have the deck set in correct order Major arcana, Wands, Swords, Cups, and Coins, nested in my every day beanie cap.
What would be the best way to rid my Dragons of the Negative sludge of energy!?!? :surprisedwitch: blue_blank
Ținerea este mai greu decât a câștiga
Keeping is harder than winning
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Cleansing Tarot Deck suggestions

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi. I don't know if it's a "best" way or not but I'd spread the deck as you have them already arranged to clear, and then fan some frankincense smoke over them (not sage - that clears away all spirits); then bag/box them and start carrying them with you and sleeping with them under your pillow for a complete moon cycle. They need to be re-attuned to your vibe. When you next lay them out, place a glass of lightly salted water on the table nearby to absorb any random energy. Dump the water down the drain afterwards. Keep water nearby for future readings until things seem ok again.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

I also agree with smudging the cards.

You might also consider telling your tarot deck that it’s previous owner has passed away, and that you’re it’s caretaker now.

Sometimes decks can take on a life of their own, and the spirits/entities/energies attached to the deck won’t be too friendly for anyone else who uses then.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Haha so true. I’ve been eyeing this new deck for a while. But was still on the fence about it so I finally asked my current deck if I should. The deck replied basically that I would be sad if I used it less. Ha! Talk about a life of its own!
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Today I did a nice ritual where I opened the window behind my altar and spread my tarot deck out. There was a cool crisp breeze and I let it come in a and cleanse my deck. Then I let the sun’s ray’s charge up the cards. Simple and effective!

Rosie
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

I take 1 tablespoon of Florida Water and plain water in a bowl and wipe each card front and back every few months to give them a good clean. Smoke cleaning after each reading.
MizLynn3

Post by MizLynn3 »

I keep mine I a bag, with crystals and I use my breathe with the intention of clearing any unwanted energy.
As I have others shuffling the cards. I do this before and afterwards.
It works well and I have had no problems.

I agree with the other techniques described above too, if your the one always handling your deck.

Hope this helps.

Love n Blessings.
MizLynn

Return to “General Divination”