Path of the Hex

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Re: Path of the Hex

Post by Mr Crowley »

Because some things are best learned on your own; also, I didn't want to influence you. It would take an exponential blurb to explain, but it relates to the Natural Physical Forces of the universe. [Bottom line: it keeps my hands clean, very important on my path.]

The American Indian calls it The Great Mystery, and The Great Mystery is the only god I recognize; magic is attached to this unknown. Let's use one of our common bonds, fishing. As you know fish are the biggest monsters on the planet. If another fish is smaller, the larger fish will eat the smaller one. Although such bait is illegal in the US, a little baby bass would be excellent bait to catch a large bass.

I did not write these rules; in fact, these type of rules is one of the main reasons I say bullshit to gods because a god would not have written such a cruel rule book. The Great Mystery IS NOT your friend! Never once think from that perspective because TGM doesn't give a crap about you, s/he, them, me, or anyone else because TGM doesn't have heart/compassion/feelings. It's like assigning fire (another monster) with the label of goodness.

It's powerful beyond imagination, and anyone who is able to tap into TGM becomes extremely afraid of it, by default of the unknown. As a result, one doesn't think 'what can I use magic on today'? Instead, one thinks 'how can I resolve it without using magic'? The TV show Bewitched is a cute parody; even so, the message runs much deeper than the casual observer can grasp.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Interesting insight. Thank you. :)
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Mr Crowley wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:53 pm It's like assigning fire (another monster) with the label of goodness.
wait a minute, so it is not good to cook your food or heat the house, or weld the cauldron?

And don't you feel we are in it now? I mean everything is magic. This is it. Now. Right now. Not in a dream or in an astral travel or death. Everything you do everyday is sacred good bad or indifferent. If one wastes the sacred on bad they miss out (although some bad people would call it holy) if they waste it on indifferent, they also miss out, If they spend it on good then they benefit and grow.
I'm feeling a bit ramblie here, too many Zoom meetings I guess.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

We are in a carbon drought, and plants struggle to grow. And it's well documented that C02 in the atmosphere is the elixor of life, so it's obvious that I'm pro fire. (Are we allowed to be pro fire here?)

My point: fire is a power, and power is indifferent. When you view fire as good, you let your guard down.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

It appears that this summertime slow pace with withccraft is forming into a personal tradition. :) I can't complain about it much, I have been at our summerhouse for the last three weeks and its been lovely time here in the wilderness. Just about two weeks ago we had the last heavy snowfall which was a total surprise and in days after the temp got up to +20 and everything just burst into life, there's huge leaves on everything, birds are busy building nests, some are already feeding their young ones... Lot of bugs all over the place, first summer flowers are blooming and the fish are on the move.

My only spells lately have been about fishing. I should definitely do more soon as a thanks giving to the lake guardian. I have had some of the most awesome catch in last weeks.

The nest fish traps are working like a charm. I'm starting to believe that there really is something to the idea of using fibonacci ratios in them as the new ones seem to be constantly catching something. I topped my previous record already, on the first days of being here, there was a 8kg/90cm pike in the trap. Yesterday there were three ide fish in there, biggest one weighting 1.55kg which also is a new record. It seems that ide also is getting bigger each year.

Interesting coincidence is that I used fibonacci sequence for all measurements and by chance the traps weight exactly 5,5kg. I'm already thinking of building improved versions soon, its a learning experience for sure and each time I build a new trap it gets better than previous ones. I'm thinking of doing something magical to the next batch to make them even better :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm feeling a need to get active with my craft more... It seems that witchcraft is there for me every time life kicks me in the head like it has lately. Usually I find solace in working spells, writing and crafting things. I got a big ide fish earlier and took those awesome jawbones from it again. There are so big! I can't wait to catch a 3kg ide to get even bigger ones.

So I started making a new charm, I'm thinking of making something for wealth as I've been doing bad with money. Perhaps add something for peace of mind, sort of magical barrier to keep needless bullshit out of my life. I've had a truckload of that this year...

Take a look at this, there's six feathers in nice arrangement and the ide fish bones. I should look for things that correspond with wealth or money. I think ide fish bones are a good one for that, silver/bronze colored fish which are plentiful and grow fast, what's better for wealth than that? Also they prosper only in a place where there's plenty of food for them and good spots where to spawn. They're bit like salmon as they look for small streams and rivers in which they go to spawn, but they spawn at least twice a year, in spring and later in July.

I will add a small bag and thread to wear or hang it as usual, any ideas for protective prosperity charm? :mrgreen:
Attachments
Uusi_amuletti.jpg
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

What type of fish is an ide fish, a carp like fish?
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Mr Crowley wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 pm What type of fish is an ide fish, a carp like fish?
First I thought of just linking the wackopedia article for it, but meh, I don't like that... :P Ide fish is naturally found in Europe, its a fast growing fresh water fish which eats pretty much everything, it becomes a predator when it grows big enough but still eats nearly everything from plancton to all kind of bugs to worms and what ever it finds. They grow quite fast for the first ten years when it usually ends up wighting about one kilogram. After that its growth slows down, but it can grow up to three kilograms and in ideal circumstances even more.

Its typically pure silver in color, the older ones get brassy/golden tone on them, but color varies depending on the environment. In "our" lake, they're quite dark with dark brown back and dark brass like tone on the sides. Its eyes are usually bright yellow in color, some times orange and in some lakes almost white.

The flesh is white in color and quit fatty and soft, its very tasty, specially when smoked or grilled. It has a lot of bones which is the main complaint about it. These days its not respected that much, many fishermen think its just trash and throw them away if they catch them, which is absolutely stupid thing to do. If it says something about the taste, ide fish was once cooked for the emperor of Russia when Finland was Russia's westmost province and the emperor didn't complain about it. The taste is compared to salmon even and I agree, its great, but not a meal for a hasty person because of the million and one bones.

Ide is quite easy to catch, it seems to be very curious about things, so it goes into fish trap any time there's something there to eat. It likes to flock so there's almost always more than one around, the big ones usually go around in smaller groups of 5-20 fish, smaller ones mix with perch and what ever other small fishes are around. Some people have had a lot of success catching them with an old fashion baited fishing rod. They also some times grab a silvery spoon lure, they're a very interesting "opponent" as they're strong and put up a real fight when caught. Also quite chanllenging as their jaws are rather soft and they might get off the hook easily.

Here's a picture of a recent catch, I got these three from one of my new fish traps on 30th of May. The uppermost is quite big, 1,55kg, two others are around one kilogram.
Attachments
30-5-2020_säyynävät_small.jpg
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Those bones I use for making charms, they're found at the back of its jaw, those spiky looking things are not teeth, but to keep its jaw/head stucture in place from what I've gathered. The flat parts face towards each other and its throat goes right between them. Ide is the only fish that seems to have such bones.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

So is most of the fishing you do by trap? or do you use hook and line too? There are very few if any places here (in California anyway) that would allow trapping fish. Only the indigenous people can if that was their traditional tribal way.
I see your fish there is in the carp family, rather handsome as carps are :) The do get invasive. I've seen goldfish that have taken over ponds.
I like eating bluegill (not a carp) but the bones on those are troublesome too.
bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:24 pm So is most of the fishing you do by trap? or do you use hook and line too? There are very few if any places here (in California anyway) that would allow trapping fish. Only the indigenous people can if that was their traditional tribal way.
I see your fish there is in the carp family, rather handsome as carps are :) The do get invasive. I've seen goldfish that have taken over ponds.
I like eating bluegill (not a carp) but the bones on those are troublesome too.
bb, FF
I haven't been that active with the fishing rod this year, but I do cast a lot, mainly spoon lures and some times I use old fashion fishing rod with worms as bait, but that's mostly just for fun.

My mainstay is traps because they're the most guaranteed way to have good catch and they're more convenient to handle than nets, there's other kind of traps too which I haven't tried yet, like what we call the long line (pitkäsiima), which is basically a very long and strong fishing line with shorter lines tied on it, each has a hook and some kind of bait, like a worm, piece of a fish to catch predators or dogfood or what ever.

From what I know, fishing rules are way tighter almost everywhere else in the world. Ours are very relaxed and permits are easy to get and mostly cheap. General fishing permit costs 45€/year and allows rod fishing(casting & trolling) at over 90% of all waters, when you look at the map you realize how good of a deal that is as there's 57000 to 168000 lakes here depending on how big ones are counted... :D And that doesn't include rivers and the sea. Using traps of any kind requires permits from the water owner, for me its cheap as we own a pice of the shoreline too, so five permits for a year cost me 15€, if I want extra, then its few € more per one permit, but I don't need more than five. I could actually take one more as then I could have three pairs of two traps in the lake and that's often a good idea to have two of them quite near to each other.

Luckily in our lake there are so many predators that ide & bream and so on do not spawn without limits, that would be troublesome, it has happened in many places, too few predators and the other fish multiply so much there's not enough food and soon all fish are tiny and the lake doesn't have enough oxygen or food to support all those fish. But not in our place, the lake is full of pikes and there's gazillion small ones which are growing fast. :D They have plenty to eat, there's endless amount of small perch which pikes love. I have been letting a lot of them back to the lake, some times I must take them as they often hurt their scales too much in traps. If it says something about the amount of pikes, in three weeks, I caught 35 of them, most of which I let back.

Oh hey, have I posted a picture of the traps I built? I should soon make more as some of the old ones I have are in bad shape and need replacing.
Attachments
20200412_175500.jpg
20200412_175408.jpg
20200412_175209.jpg
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Not so much about wtichcraft, yet, but here's something I'm working on right now.... I began drawing album cover for our new record. We don't even know the album name yet, this stuff just came to me, I thought to make a picture that's more about us than the songs on the album as there's no one single theme in the lyrics.

I thought I would make a picture that has to do with an initiation ritual as we got a new singer. My bandmates just love all the witchcraft influence, there seems to be no limits on what I can push on us, it all fits.

The thing about the "eye" in the sky I got from a picture of the moon and clouds making a face, but for some reason sunset colors work better in this one. There's five robed dudes as there's five of us and we wear robes on stage. The setup wasn't suited fro drawing a big altar so I made something simple there instead. The face in the sky is about what some of our songs are about, soulside journeys towards spiritual enlightement, seeking guidance of the ancients and so on. I thought the face being that of a deity or a spirit guide of some kind. Open for interpretation, some Christian would sure see a devil. goodnevil

Tell me what you think. :) Technique is ink pen on paper and photoshop, this is very much a work in progress... It will take a day or two to finish it.
Attachments
kansipelleily4.jpg
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Our coming record has a title, and the cover art is ready. We're yet to come up with a release date, but I'll make sure to make it into a numerological ritual as with the previous one. The album covers will have more to do with us than with the lyrics of the songs, as does the name. We recently got a new vocalist and the album will be his debut with us, he will be doing backing vocals on it. The album is called Ritus Primae Noctis, The night of the first ritual. There will be a duality theme on the covers and probably a lot of symbolism.

Here's the cover, I'm fairly pleased with the result.
Attachments
Kansitesti_small.jpg
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Dang you do good work Hex, That is just beautiful!
:fairy:
FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Thanks. ^_^ I'm very pleased with the result, easily the best album cover I've ever done. No I have the pressure of making the rest of the booklet just as good. Planning on another epic picture for the backside. :D

Its interesting how I'm getting more and more responsibilities as time goes by, I even named the album. Everyone gave it a green light right away. Its fitting, it will be the first ritual for our new vocalist. We even thought that we should do a "baptism" rite for him when we have our next rehearsal. Well, at least he will be making his mask, that's kind of an entry ritual in our group as of course, any new member must make a personal mask to wear on stage. Oh and guys are going to order those high quality robes soon too. That's gonna look awesome.

I just posted the cover picture on facebook, people are commenting it left right and center it seems, I guess we hit bullseye with this one. ;) Lets see if the success spell I did for us will work out well.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”