Path of the Hex

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
L.J.Hex

Re: Path of the Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I thought I would give you something to have a look at... Here's the cover as it is now. I added the element/direction guardians on the front, my sigil on the back and also my initials in black on the side of the pages. I'm quite sure this wont be all, although I want to keep the covers rather minimalist and not add too many things, this felt like right thing to do.

Here's how my diary entries look like. Even though these things are very personal, I write it in Finnish so it wont make much sense to most people here. I doubt anyone has the need to start to translate this page, its just mundane everyday stuff anyway.

I highly recommend everybody with time and patience to learn to write in theban as its quite easy and fun and it looks so artistic. Mundane everyday entries will suddenly look as occult as it gets and also makes the text incomprehensible for nearly every person out there who isn't a witch or a history nut.

(I had a remark from a friend that this looks like something straight out of LOTR. Well, isn't there a golden ring on the table right next to the book... I didn't even notice it was there at first.)

EDIT:
I'm having some stream of thought going on now, I keep getting more things in my mind which I need to say... Today I went to the forest nearby, to my two special places I've used on sabbats. I made circles ready, physical circles. I cleaned the leaces away and made the places ready. The other spot still needs a decent stone for an altar. I have to go there again without my dog and look for something suitable. There is one flat big stone not far, but carrying that will be a huge task to take. I'm not sure if I'll have strength for it, but I have to try. I'm thinking about gathering bunch of stones and making a decent tall enough altar there. I've dreamed of that kind of thing for a long time and I think the time is right to make it happen. Interestingly it doesn't seem that anyone has been there for a long time. Both spots are near quite popular paths on which there's people with their dogs, some times with horses, kids play in the forest... But my places have stayed untouched. Nothing had been moved which is quite a surprise. Its not behind gods back, but less than a kilometer from the closest houses.

EDIT2:
I'm feeling inspired. I'm making charms. These are meant for both good luck (Perhaps with money) and also protection. The black feathers are from that same magpie from whom I got the feathers for the pentagram wreath I made. The ones with stripes are from a Finnish forest bird to which I don't know an English name. Its one of those which are hunted for food. Poor thing was hit by a car but I took its beautiful feathers and buried it along with blessings for its nice gift. The bones are from a jaw of ide fish which are plentyful at our summerhouse. (Those are darn good smoked btw!) I don't know the exact function of these bones, I think they keep theis jaws together, the spiky things are not teeth. I don't think ide fish has any teeth even though it becomes a omnivore predator when it grows big. I thought it would be a good symbol of prosperity as ide is plentiful and grows fast and its also rather easy to catch. And the bones look really cool.

I thought of keeping one and gifting the other to some friend. I have two more of the fish in my freezer, I have to make sure to take those bones when I cook them, its the coolest looking fishbone aside of pikes jaw I've seen. I thought about crafting maybe a ring or a necklace from them too.

EDIT3:
The charms are now ready, or maybe missing a spell. ;) I set up my altar first time in ages.(I've had my mother snooping about in my apartment while I was away so I couldn't just leave my things lying around to avoid uncomfortable questions. I want something new really, I'm way overdue of getting some things I would like to have, a big chalice made of red glass for example. I'm thinking of the same model as I'm using now as its a Finnish design, very traditional and nostalgic as almost everyone has those here... Then a decent athame, either I buy one of craft one. If I would just find a big enough animal bone somewhere. The latest addition is the crow feather, although I have even better one waiting, its a huge brown feather of a hawk, literally "brown swamp hawk" in Finnish.

Anyway, the charms are now ready, I might still charge them on Samhain or perhaps I'll wait for the next full moon. The elements are there now. The incense I'm burning is dragons blood, just got it out of memory and it seems to correspond with protection. Couldn't be more fitting. I need more insence, I'll be soon running short.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Ok... Something new just happened. I have seen items moving seemingly by themselves before, but this was a weird one.

I just set up my altar just to burn candles and incense for the heck of it. As I was preparing things, my athame moved. I didn't touch it, I didn't touch the table, it just moved! I placed it blade facing right under the pentacle and it turned upwards, the blade ended up pointing exactly at the topmost end of the pentagram where my necklace is and stopped there. I've never seen this happen before. :shock:

I wonder if its an omen?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

For me the closer we get to the Samhain season the more I see "stuff" it's been getting pretty busy around here.
Some of it a glimpse, brief and fleeting of people, animals and landmarks. Other stuff is thing look to be moving but when I look closer it stops and the final one is stuff is actually moving, usually just a skotch like you blade.
although yesterday I had a whole pile of stuff fall off the shelf I was standing next to, that kinda freaked me out.
I really wish to connect with what ever or who ever it is behind the shadow, if it is important enough for me to take note, I want to know what the note is!!

Before Pumpkin passed away the couch was real busy with spectral cats running around on it. That has all but stoped now.
I think it may have mostly been Sampson running around, he was the only one that got along with Pumpkin.

By the way, Keep note on time of day and other markers when these "things" happen, maybe there is a "zone" or portal time.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:For me the closer we get to the Samhain season the more I see "stuff" it's been getting pretty busy around here.
Some of it a glimpse, brief and fleeting of people, animals and landmarks. Other stuff is thing look to be moving but when I look closer it stops and the final one is stuff is actually moving, usually just a skotch like you blade.
although yesterday I had a whole pile of stuff fall off the shelf I was standing next to, that kinda freaked me out.
I really wish to connect with what ever or who ever it is behind the shadow, if it is important enough for me to take note, I want to know what the note is!!

Before Pumpkin passed away the couch was real busy with spectral cats running around on it. That has all but stoped now.
I think it may have mostly been Sampson running around, he was the only one that got along with Pumpkin.

By the way, Keep note on time of day and other markers when these "things" happen, maybe there is a "zone" or portal time.
BB, Firebird
Yea, I made a diary entry right away, checked the time, 9:30pm sharp. Our local witching hour? ::coolglasses::

During this year, I've had several times things moving around... And last time at the cottage, there was constant movement in the corner of my eye. As if people, animals... It sure seems to be true that this time of the year, the veil gets thinner.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Things have taken off in the last weeks in a way I didn't expect... I wonder if I'm hitting a saturation point where I take a huge leap forward? I've been so motivated with my book and spellwork, I've found new witch friends, learned to write theban so much better. I think I'm reaching a high point somehow.

I can't wait to see what happens on Samhain. :shock: :flyingwitch:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Its so strange in the technology era we live in that so many people are turning back towards the old ways, becoming witches, doing things that are supposed to be just woo-woo hogwash stuff for crazies howling at the moon... And here were are, on the internet talking to the other side of the world in almost real time, talking about witchcraft. Its ironic, we are so technologically advanced and still so "medieval". On the other hand, I think witchcraft should be considered as a legitimate science as there's so many findings that support the things that are plain and simple facts for us already.

And speaking of the craft, today I made my first wand. I was on the lookout for ingredients for things and having a nice stroll in the forest and this tiny oak tree sapling just called for me to take it.

So I turned it into something magickal. I chose to find things that would reinforce the strength and protective qualities of an oak tree, and I wanted to make it into a real lighting rod. Something so powerful it might just blow things up when pointed at something. I came up with red and black thread, black leather handle, an iron ring and then as the icing on the cake, gold shavings in the red thread, sealed in place with super glue. I have an gold plated plug adapter without use, so I scraped some off with a knife. There's still plenty left. With rough sandpaper I might be able to make gold dust for later use.

Anyway, here's the wand. I can already tell there's inherit power in it as it has a clear glow which changes from white to yellow to green to purple. And there's tiny little sparks and bolts or energy coming from it. Also I noted that when pointed on my arm, I feel like a faint cool breeze. This is something new, I've never felt an magickal item behave like this before.

So, tell me what you think of it. I think this is very fitting tool for me. Oak even matches me being an air sign person. :flyingwitch:

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I just had an incident with fire. I was doing an visualization to charge my wand with energy, making it shoot lightning in my minds eye and my candleholder went in flames... It almost light my altar on fire and I had to snuff it out with a towel. This was unexpected. From now on I will do charging like this outdoors without any open flame nearby. I have a "thing" about fire and lightning btw. At least now I know that this wand is the real deal.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Very cool, I find working with wood is calming.
Clearly it is your tool of fire! Yea, play with fire outside eh?, your lucky it caught it, glad your ok.
When you say you have a "thing" what exactly is it? a fear or a fascination? Or do things tend to blow up around you.
I had a priestess who wasn't comfortable with fire, one of our lessons in apprenticeship is to make a fire from scratch. But first we had her light about 100 stick matches just to get a feel for it. Turns out this is one of the favorite classes, I was surprised how many people do not know how to start a fire, or can't make a lighter work.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:Very cool, I find working with wood is calming.
Clearly it is your tool of fire! Yea, play with fire outside eh?, your lucky it caught it, glad your ok.
When you say you have a "thing" what exactly is it? a fear or a fascination? Or do things tend to blow up around you.
I had a priestess who wasn't comfortable with fire, one of our lessons in apprenticeship is to make a fire from scratch. But first we had her light about 100 stick matches just to get a feel for it. Turns out this is one of the favorite classes, I was surprised how many people do not know how to start a fire, or can't make a lighter work.
BB, FF
I should have guessed it, when I grab a thunder rod like this, it will make fire go nuts. :lol: That was one of the things that's bit too much to put off as a coincidence. I was visualizing the wand shooting lightning bolts at will, making trees blow up in splinters and starting fires... I didn't think for a second that this might result into my candle holder bursting to flames. Peculiar thing was that normally when a candle burns out(Yes I have forgot to put candles out before.), it just peacefully dies when all the wax is gone, this time however the candle holder had got hot enough to melt about 3-4cm of the candle still left and hot metal + flame + molten wax equals big flames.

My "thing" is that I NEVER fail to make a fire. I was taught this by my dad when I was kid as he's 100% outdoorsman and as such he taught me about wilderness survival, including making fire. I never fail, the fire always starts, 99% of the time I don't need to put any effort in it, it just works. And when it doesn't, usually when I utter certain words or names, there will be flames. Interestingly the best word of power is "Väinämöinen". He is the main character in the Finnish Kalevala mythos, a great wizard and a demigod. There's countless tales of his skill of spell singing and heroics in our folklore. Another thing that always works for me is to blow air to the fire, not everybody can make that work either. I've seen terribly tries of doing that. I just blow a little breeze there and it burns. Also I love to look at fire being "alive". But no pyromania. :D

And then I have a thing for thunder. I love it, it totally energizes me and it seems I'm somewhat able to summon thunder. When its stormy I often head out to watch and listen and if the thunder is weak I call it come closer and intensify. Several times this has resulted into a thunderbolt landing quite close (Less than 1km).

And what do you know, I pick up a oak sapling to make a wand without second thought and oak happens to correspond with air and thunder... Both my sign and my favorite power of nature. :mrgreen: It seems that I have made something that can become very powerful, I'm on the lookout to make the wand even better, I focused on it having emphasis on protection and strength. I think it still needs a gemstone and a cord.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

In last few days, things on my altar have been acting up a lot... The athame turns on its own, the next day, something in the bowl where the candle holder moved, made a clacking noise and yesterday the fire. I have never had my altar being so much alive before. As if magickal items have a life of their own. :D None of this happened in a way that it would have felt negative, I have experienced poltergeist when I was teenager and that was horrifying. Now the things moving and acting up on my altar feels just strange and exciting.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I prepared the two charms. The purple one is for a witch friend of mine and the one in green bag is mine. :) I'm very happy with the result. I'm definitely going to make more of them. All I need is those tiny baggies and then some fish bones.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I finally decided what to do with the third page of my book, the one next to the title... I left it blank back when I started, I knew that there's something for it which I had not thought out at that time. I got inspired by Bonita's crow thread and thought to add one more layer of protection to my book.

So I'm drawing a raven to guard my work from prying eyes, this is just a sketch I made so far, I had to put it down somehow. I also wrote a poem for this page. This came to me as creative flow always comes, the idea just snaps and I have to hurry so I wont forget it. So here it is:

This tome of ancient power,
under ever watchful eyes of those who rule the sky.
By the sight and wisdom, By the claw and feather shall they know the nosy one and the deceitful,
the one who cowardly sneaks through these pages.
Be warned as the messenger will reach the maker where ever he might be
and inform him of your dishonest deed.
So mote it be.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm just getting caught up on your posts, Hex. I love the wand - it's practically smokin'.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:I'm just getting caught up on your posts, Hex. I love the wand - it's practically smokin'.
Thank you SpiritTalker. :D

The wand sure came out very nicely. When I read oak tree corresponding with thunder, it became clear that this will definitely be a fire wand of sorts. Making it is just the beginning, I'm thinking of pouring even more power in it, I might add a gem on it when the right one is found.

EDIT: I got a picture in which there's a faint bluish glow emanating from the wand... I see it with my eyes all the time, but was surprised that the camera picked up some, that very rarely happens. I've had that happen once with my BoS just before a powerful banishing spell.

This is how my books title page now looks like. I made a mistake with the picture so part of the poem didn't fit in. Some redrawing ahead. The skullkey the raven is holding was an idea of a witch friend of mine. It represents the raven being the keeper and guardian of the old world knowledge. I usually don't do symbolism that can be associated with death, but it can also represent "dead" knowledge, things of the old world.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Holy freakin' moly, batman!

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”