Path of the Hex

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
L.J.Hex

Re: Path of the Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Xiao Rong wrote:I'm a little late to the game, but WOW! Your BOS looks beautiful! Your calligraphy is enviable indeed!
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it that you guys like what I'm doing.

My calligraphy could be so much better, it is when I really pay attention and take my time with it, but its getting easier all the time to get it "right" faster. I'm too hasty to write the whole book like that though, I would like to, but its just painstakingly slow process, so I prefer to do titles and all kinds of important stuff with decent writing and other things in more casual manner. Btw, I'm relearning to fast type with nice cursive at the moment, I was taught that I'n school, but the last time I used it was more than twenty years ago. I started to write my diary that way and its still quite a mess, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, I want to make my BoS look like me and pretty when ever I can, pictures and decoration speak volumes when done with care. So far its going as planned, first I add all the important things and when ever I have the time, I go back and decorate the previous pages. I have been bit carried away with pictures in the last few days, but I guess its worth the effort and I don't want to force it. Writing a BoS is truly a journey and I believe its best done when "in the flow"

I will keep updating this thread as things develop. Heck, I haven't even shown you much yet. :mrgreen:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Interesting observation about a spell I performed.

We just talked elsewhere about if its a good idea to talk about spells or not. Well, here I am, talking. I wont go into specifics, but I did something I planned out quite well for several days, thought about if its a good thing to do or not and then decided to go along with it. It was something I did to help a friend.

When I started to compile my idea of it, I kind of got the feeling that this one has to do with the element of fire, or that I want to make it into fire magick type of thing, not giving much more thought to that. I mixed up oil with quite a few ingredients in it, more than I usually do, I also lighted more candles than I usually do and then cast my circle as a pentagram for added protection, I even lit up five candles in the order to make it into fire invoking pentagram.

I only looked for ingredients which corresponded with the type of spell I wanted to perform without checking the element correspondence for them, I'm now reading a quite thorough elemental correspondence list which is far more in depth than what I have in my BoS at the moment and it appears that ALL ingredients except for one are associated with fire. Also one of two stones I had on my altar associates with fire and to top it off, I used my athame quite extensive which also corresponds with fire for certain groups/people. For me the athame feels like something between fire and air.

Anyway, my point is that this sort of funny coincidence seems to keep happening in my craft, I had this happen with casting a circle during a sabbat celebration last year, back then I had no clue about the specific order on how to do it, I improvised a lot and way later I read something about casting a circle in certain way and bang! It was exactly like I did it just the way it felt right.

So I just though, maybe this should be a fire magick spell and lo and behold, almost everything I had there fit without even trying. I take coincidence like this as good omen of being in the flow. I hope my hunch is correct. :mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm taking a day off my book and anything craft related, except for reading, but I made you this. You're an awesome bunch! I love to be here with you. loveface

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I just can't keep my hands of this so I made a new title page. The original one was kind of bland.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

What a lovely tribute to EUTM !
Perhaps it could be a cover page for a gratitude journal?
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:What a lovely tribute to EUTM !
Perhaps it could be a cover page for a gratitude journal?
Bb, FF
Thank you. :mrgreen:

What's that? I could make something even nicer than that if you want? That's not even a decent picture as I don't have my camera here at the moment. This forum has been a such a gold mine of information and everybody is so nice here that I would be delighted to give something in return. I just got the new that our thrash metal band is now on a "official" hiatus for few months and I have a lot of time on my hands, and besides, in few days I should get my new fancy ink pens and I will surely be drawing and writing non stop for a good while. (When the winter is done, I wont have that much time as I will be enjoying the great outdoors every moment I can.)

Btw, I just ordered my first batch of incense and a really nice striking red altar cloth with a neat pentagram on it. It was quite cheap and the colour just hit me like a sledgehammer. I can't wait to get them. I'm getting so geared up for Ostara, first time I'm actually celebrating it. I'm not gonna miss another Sabbat this year if I just get the time for it. ::coolglasses::
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I got the new ink pens and I just had to try them out. These things are awesome. Too bad I don't have my better camera here. My phone sucks for taking pictures.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Impressive.

I've counted 53 clusters of berries. What was the significance of 169? Inquiring mind's wanna know.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:Impressive.

I've counted 53 clusters of berries. What was the significance of 169? Inquiring mind's wanna know.
I was about to make 169, but there's no space for that or the picture will get saturated with them. :D Perhpaps I will add flowers or something to make it so.

169 is very magickal number as its thirteen times thirteen. And there's no need to mention the significance of thirteen here. :mrgreen: I'm really into numerology and I like to play with numbers in what ever I'm making for my BoS. I believe that numbers too work as symbols just like pictures and words and letters do, there's something about it which just makes me tick. Wise people have said that symbols are the language of subconscious, numbers could play in that too.

I'm yet to finish this picture. Originally I thought of adding symbols on it and numbers as they are, but then it looked prettier without, so I think I will add things which aren't that obvious.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I found a Finnish deity I didn't know about before. Of course Päivätär (female deity of sun and daylight.) is familiar, but she has a counterpart for moonlight and nighttime who, not so surprisingly is called Kuutar. (Päivä= a day, kuu = the moon. "tar/tär" in the end of the name makes it a female name.) Holy crap a Finnish female moon goddess! I had no idea there was such a thing, I should have realised it, most Finnish deities have sort of counterparts to them. :D

No much guessing who I will invite to my circle next time.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was thinking that one more berry cluster would be 54 and 5+4=9 which is the triple moon goddess number... You could still add flowers. Just thinkin' I might have missed some under your finger or at the edge.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:I was thinking that one more berry cluster would be 54 and 5+4=9 which is the triple moon goddess number... You could still add flowers. Just thinkin' I might have missed some under your finger or at the edge.
That's a great idea! I'll do it right away. Very nice, thank you. :fairy:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Recount first in case I missed one!!
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:Recount first in case I missed one!!
You didn't miss anything, but the camera did. My thumb covered some, there were 58 of them and I covered four with more leaves so its 54=9 now. ;)

Btw, I thought to share this with you guys. I thought about making a sigil of some kind which I could use as a signature and on spells etc. Then I thought that I will make it from my initials in theban alphabet. Little testing and then it hit me, this is it. :flyingwitch:

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Intuitive. Your book is you. Your spells are you. Signature = you stand by your creation. I like that.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”