Hex's youtube channel

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
L.J.Hex

Re: Hex's youtube channel

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:Hey Hex,
wishing you a fantastic outcome on your surgery, let us know how your doing, K?
Speedy recovery,
BB, Firebird
I'm back home in one piece. I was lucky to get very nice crew to operate on me. My surgeon changed on the last minute and I got this super nice lady who did the operation. The nurse was heck of a joker and made sure I was high enough to feel as comfortable as possible. Everything else was easy, I don't budge a bit about needles, but the blood vacuum thing felt painful as it needs high pressure to stop blood flow to an arm. All in all it was quick and easy. I'm in bit of pain now and typing with one hand is slow.

In six weeks I'll get my left wrist fixed. I can't wait to play and exercise with healthy nerves. I'm really happy to take my chances with this. I guess my goddess was by my side today. :flyingwitch:
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

So happy to hear you pulled thru okay!!!
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm sorry for my absence on the forum, but I have been very busy with a lot of things. New relationship, a lot of music stuff going on etc. Speaking of which, we're getting ready for our second live performance and recordings of the coming release with Thelemic Gates and we decided to pick up our first cover song.

To hell with modesty, we chose to jump into the deep end of technical playing and picked With Strength I Burn by Emperor. We recorded this rehearsal take after only few playthroughs and I want to brag a bit as there's not many bands who can learn a song like this so quickly. And this is only the first rehearsal, it will be interesting to see where it goes when our vocalist joins us and we hone our performance into perfection. Have a listen and don't mind the sound quality, we only had a phone to record it with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0m5gnHROHo&feature=youtu.be
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

not horrible for a phone recording!
BTW, I liked the couple few music videos I found on you page, why not do some more?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

firebirdflys wrote:not horrible for a phone recording!
BTW, I liked the couple few music videos I found on you page, why not do some more?
Thanks. :)

I would do more, but my old, way better laptop drank coffee some months ago and the one I have now is a stop gap measure... This poor thing couldn't handle recording software and it also doesn't have decent inputs and I don't own a good soundboard or mixer. No idea when I will have decent recording gear in use... This stuff eats money like crazy, money which I don't have and I'm overdue in updating some of my drumgear so that takes the priority right now.

But worry not as there will be drumcam videos from recordings and live gigs coming up instead. Ofc that'll be our own songs.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Even though our vocalist left us, we're not sitting on our butts, live shows are off for now, but we're writing and rehearsin new material. There's eight new songs to practice. Here's something we did this time, looked through it, played few times and hit record. Sound quality is usual rehearsal room stuff so nothing fancy, but you can get the idea from it. Give it a listen.

L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I just have to mention it, we have a new vocalist! Good friend of mine agreed to join us. I can't imagine a better guy for the job as this dude pretty much sings and plays anything and is 100% trustworthy and just plain awesome person. :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Wow, just a phone? Not bad at all :) The first portion of the song I could see someone sort of making their way through a dense forest with an occasional clearing, when the timer hits about 3:50 there is a shift and I loose that imagery.
Good to hear an honorable person is enter the fold! Congrats!
BBC, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

That's interesting, you're not the only one who seems to "see" our songs... :O Really cool! The lyrics are often about esoteric things, traveling between the worlds, nature and so on. Hmm, I got to remember what you said.

Oh, I've known this guy for nearly 20 years, he has fantastic voice for this stuff! And he's really cool guy, does what he promises. I couldn't think a better person to join us. :)

Return to “The Creative Corner”