Cleansing and charging crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
onyxnight

Cleansing and charging crystals

Post by onyxnight »

Merry meet!
I was wondering how some of you clean your crystals, (such as riding them of certain energies) and how you go about charging them as well? I remember seeing somewhere that you could use salt to cleanse them, or salt water maybe? I got some pink Himalayan salt to cleanse them with, will that work? Also is it the salt water or do you bury them in the salt itself? Do i throw the salt away afterward since it has been used to clean something?

blessed be!
Astro Logical 1

Re: Cleansing and charging crystals

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

If you use salt, keep it dry.
Also you can bury your crystals overnight.
Or lay them on selinite.
Or sage smoke, incense smoke.
Love and Blessings
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Salt water can erode soft stones like angelite, kyanite, turquoise & selenite (disolves) so as has been said use any salt as a dry bed only. Naturally flowing cool water will also cleanse a stone. I lay mine in mint leaves to rest.

"Charging" is when we psychically set the intent of a spell into them, not revving up a battery. To set your intent - i.e.to charge a stone - you hold the thought of your desire in mind, feel it in your gut & push the energy through your hands, breath & intense gaze into the stone (or other item).
onyxnight

Post by onyxnight »

So any salt would work to cleanse them? Does the salt pull out the other energies that the stone may have on it?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Any table salt, sea salt or pink salts will clear attached energies. Salt absorbs & purifies by neutralizing psychic "cling" & thus includes any psychic charge that had been previoisly set. It does not include the natural properties of the stone's mineral makeup.

Salt contains the minerals the body needs for maintenance so has life enhancing properties for magical use, & the saying "cleans like a dose of salts" refers to its gut-clearing aid to remove blockages or obstacles.

Dispose of used "contaminated" salt down the drain & flush with water.

The pink in Himalayan salt is iron oxide & iron is especially good at detatching psychic sludge so can be used for protection as well. Iron's magnetic quality disrupts (diverts) the subtle psi energy.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”