Yule Tree down early. And it bears gifts

Member's writings, poetry, ramblings, etc.
Astro Logical 1

Yule Tree down early. And it bears gifts

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

So every year I have my Yule tree up starting the day after Samhain. This year I used a deciduous tree. An aspen tree that was under a powerline and was destined for removal. So we made good use of it.

From the cuttings, I made 4 quartz tipped wands, a jewelry rack, a grapefruit sized pentagram.
And as the season progressed, I also made several pentacles of wire and hemp, even carved into some oak strips.

So taking the tree down today was full of useful gifts to the home. Some lovingly handmade protective charms to hang at the doors and windows.

And as much as I love the Yule Tree, I am happy to have my living room back.
Love and Blessings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yule Tree down early. And it bears gifts

Post by Firebird »

Aspen, hummm how interesting. Did it have leaves on it when you brought it in? Or was it in its yellow faze? I love aspen, we camp among the quaking leaves up near Brigeport Ca. I like how you utilized the tree after Yule. I usually save many branches for fire starters and the main stalk for a staff.... I have so many to work on! LoL!!
:fairy:
From this year...To the next! Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Astro Logical 1

Post by Astro Logical 1 »

Did it have leaves on it when you brought it in?
I'm in Northern Canada so the trees drop their leaves here by the end of September usually. It was already bare.
What I really liked about it was how it didn't consume much floor area. The kids enjoyed being under it's illuminated canopy.
Love and Blessings
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah, how fun! It sounds wonderful. Was just reading about the oldest stand of Aspen in Utah, the Pando colony at an estimated age of 80,000 years! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)
Shucks, and I just drove through that area in June, would really like to have seen that, they feel like such magical trees. I guess ours are yellowing in October, late September.
When do they start to bud? I don't live near them at all so I'm not sure of all their seasonal habits. Snow Cat may have a better Idea though being in Colorado its probably similar to Ca. in climate where our aspens are.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “The Creative Corner”