Twosome?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Tianta

Twosome?

Post by Tianta »

Ok, I was curious as a friend and I wish to practice Wicca together for the most part, and want to do a sort of dedication-type ritual, but for just the two of us...Neither of us are very good at writing spells ourselves and we searched online for some and are thinking of just re-writing some we already have for self-dedication....would this be alright? Or are there kind of "sister" dedication/initiation rituals out there??
[Epothes]

Post by [Epothes] »

It's alright to rewrite rituals for your own use. I don't see it as wrong since writing your own spells and rituals can be a bit of a pain unless you get in the mood. (Like how a while back I wrote like 8 rituals in one day then couldn't write them the next day.) But are you sure you want to do a dedication ritual? Are you perfectly sure none of you will lose interest in any way or stop in the future. Think hard about it and if you are serious about this path then move on and do your ritual.

Far too often I see beginners get an interest for magick then lose the interest later on.
~Epothes~
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

What i usaly do is read alot of spells or rituals and then kinda compile them together in my head to make my own ritual. I have only truly made 1 ritual for myself and i kinda came up with a way to do it. Just decide what you whant it about, then go threw colors, herbs, insents, and stone meanings and pick out all the ones that have to do with what you want. out of that list pick out the ones you like, or feel most comfortable with. Colors can be used on ribbins clothing candales what ever you wish, herbs can be used in oil ( soak a while ) to anoint yourself with, stones can also be placed in oils to empower the oil with its perpuse. Or you can use the stones in a necklas for an amulet or all sorts of things. The hardest part for me was to wright the words i whould use. like wrighting anything just get out a blank sheet of paper and wright down sentences you want in it, or points you want in it and then just start putting them together. I found this prety easy. But i have alot of papers and things on herbs and colors and stones. The words where somewhat hard but i got out a book and looked up gods and goddesses of certin subjects and i used them in the words. Much luck to you. If you want i can help you out :).
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Tianta

Post by Tianta »

Thanks guys!! I could use some help..but am going over there tomorrow to try and do it...

I am serious..100% as I did my own self-dedication last year....and I know she's pretty interested and always has been, just not this much really....it may fade, I'm not sure....We'll probably talk a lot before-hand anyhow...so we'll see....

I'd better get tracking down some spells...try and fit something together...LOL

Thanks again!!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”