My weird dream last night

You may keep your dream journal here and discuss your dreams with others.
casnarl

My weird dream last night

Post by casnarl »

Hiya!

So last night I had a dream that I was at my grandparents house at a party, and there were tons of people I'd never seen in real life so assuming my dream just created them. And I was standing and talking with my grandpa, when this blonde girl, maybe between 11-13 came up to him, called him grandpa, and said that these two other girls weren't including her. He said he'd talk to their moms but didn't really, and I felt bad that she was being left out so I decided to hang out with her. She showed me the two girls and I was like oh jeez, they look like absolute bullies I totally feel ya'. I asked her what their names were and she said Marvel and Barbie, and I said "Oh they missed such a perfect opportunity to dress up then as like idk Jessica Jones or some other Marvel woman and then a barbie b***h!" and the girl laughed, and I received some dirty looks from a woman I assumed was one of their mothers but I didn't care. We went up to the girls and I told them they needed to include her, and they said no. They called me names and tried to make me feel bad about the fact I was hanging out with a child and that I wasn't as pretty as them and other creative insults, and then just walked away from us. The girl and I found them again later at the party hiding and trying to act like they were all cool and stuff. The girl was a little nervous about approaching them again, but in effort to show I wasn't scared I said "Pssh, like I'm about to let two 14 year old little s**ts bully me" and she asked how old I was and I told her I'm 22, which is the truth but I said in a tone of like trying to seem older and more important than the mean girls. Like I'm 22 you're 14 I'm better than you type of thing. And then, right before we were about to get to where they were hiding, I woke up!

I'm sure this is somehow related to the fact that I never was cool and that teenage girls now are more pretty than I'm ever gonna be :P but I still thought it was interesting. I thought it also could be something to do with that I am trying hard at this time in my life to stand up for myself and take control of my life and my decisions and really being my own person. Who knows. Still a weird dream :P
HopefulChild

Re: My weird dream last night

Post by HopefulChild »

You were being the role model you may have needed when you were that age.

That may have been a message that you are ready to "take someone under your wing" and be a mentor to someone in your family.

I would say you can do that without perpetuating the same behaviors that the bullies exemplify though. No reason to duplicate hurtful behaviors. Might be just as important to try to understand why those bully girls feel like they have to exclude people from their clique.

Return to “Dream Journals”