How many spells can I cast with one circle casting?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Moon Scooter

Post by Moon Scooter »

Hi,
I am new to all this I hope you can help. Can you cast more than one spell with one circle casting or do you create a circle each time you cast a spell? Thanks guys.
barker

Re: How many spells can I cast with one circle casting?

Post by barker »

You can cast one "great" spell per circle. If the same circle happens over and over again it's called "talk." Well, maybe just cut to the chase and do what you alone will. barker
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think it depends on the spells you're putting together & how much energy is spent in their preparation. 3 has been my own limit for related efforts such as dressing & setting a health intent into a candle & letting it burn while dressing & loading a couple more candles to continue to run the spell for a few days to support recovery, & charging a pendant for a talisman that compliments the candle work; multiple forms & shared intention. It doesn't work for me anyhow to hop from one intention to another; ex., switching from making a trespasser repelling powder to an attracting love potion spell, I'd lose the gut feeling & oomph. If the intentions are related there's wiggle room.
Moon Scooter

Post by Moon Scooter »

How many spells can I cast in one circle casting?
barker

Post by barker »

3. One for self, one for others, one for everyone else. Now I am not the expert on wicca, but that IS the way the rule of 3 works to me. Equals ONE "great spell" which is life on earth. They do have to be in accordance with each other.

A "great spell" by the way (something you need the circle to do, so is the purpose of formulating a circle) knows that truth is reasonable. You probably won't get it exact but patience tends to make it come true anyway.

Otherwise it's just "talk".
Moon Scooter

Post by Moon Scooter »

Thanks, that's helpful x
barker

Post by barker »

What I mean by a great spells is (I channel the dead), you only have one will, you only have one day to live at a time. I form a circle most mornings. And I banish it afterwards. I can either cause change to my world, or just call it "talk". Magic that doesn't change anything, is "talk"... but a great spell changes everything. "I" can do one per circle.

But there is a manifold increase if you work as though different aspects are being worked through holographically, hence the reference to the law of 3's.
barker

Post by barker »

The reason I say there is one "sexy" spell cast per circle in Wicca is because you lose the "protagonist" if you just go willy-nilly and make up love. Magic has been defined as the ability to cause change in conformity with will. Now, every occasion when you seat a circle, the light in the room knows that there is one thought realised by those present. That thought is the spell, the magic. Without the protagonist, the magician, knowing that is what is happening you can get lost in all sorts of false ideation, such as "I want more (from myself)" and "I know more (than my peers)." Which does not compare to the real thing!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Moon scooter it makes more work for our Moderators when you post the same question in 2 areas. Someone has to combine them into one post. People will read & reply when they have the time.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Greetings Moon Scooter! Sorry bout mashing your posts together, Spirit Talker has a point. When the question gets spread out it looses focus. But hey you're new, no worries. Come on in and get comfortable, we're here to help.
As to your question. In my opinion you may do as much work as needed during one casting.
By the way, next time you log in could you swing by the intros and let us know a little bit about yourself? Thanks :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”