How Do You Make A Potion?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
wiccan_butterfly

How Do You Make A Potion?

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

i mean i know how to add the stuff and everything, but everytime that i googled it, it would just bring up on how to add the ingredients and how much to put in and such, but i was wondering, on how to do it step-by-step, it has been a question for quite sometime, so please and thank you
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Potions is a bit of a generalisation hun. There are tinctures, tissanes, oils, elexirs, lotions etc etc.
Be a bit more precise and tell us what potion you're thinking of, what's it for.
wiccan_butterfly

umm more or less, oils or so, or something to help someone in pain, umm something like on Charmed
Elem

Post by Elem »

umm something like on Charmed
Eh...

You know that Charmed isn't even remotely real.... Right?

Elem
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

An oil for pain whould be just an armonatherpy oils with some type of carrior oil. Carrier oils are the base oil most the times its about 3 drops of aroma oil to about 1 tea spoon of carrie oil. Almond oil is what i usaly use as a carrier oil because its soft and it absorbed fast. To tell what type of aromatherapy oil to use i whould need to know what type of pain there is, back pain, neck main, stumic pains? This is something you dont drink you just rub it on the area that herts like if its your stumic you rub it there, if its your back you rub it on your back. Just tell me what type of pain you have and i will tell you how to make an oil for it.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
wiccan_butterfly

Elem wrote:
umm something like on Charmed
Eh...

You know that Charmed isn't even remotely real.... Right?

Elem
yes i do know that charmed is not real, but i was just using and example, but not for destroying anything but i was just use an example, but can you help me though
wiccan_butterfly

Addalaide wrote:An oil for pain whould be just an armonatherpy oils with some type of carrior oil. Carrier oils are the base oil most the times its about 3 drops of aroma oil to about 1 tea spoon of carrie oil. Almond oil is what i usaly use as a carrier oil because its soft and it absorbed fast. To tell what type of aromatherapy oil to use i whould need to know what type of pain there is, back pain, neck main, stumic pains? This is something you dont drink you just rub it on the area that herts like if its your stumic you rub it there, if its your back you rub it on your back. Just tell me what type of pain you have and i will tell you how to make an oil for it.
okay, well right now my current pain, is in my head, i grind my teeth in my sleep, so i have to get a mouth guard, but im not getting it for the next 4 weeks, is there anything that might help me with the pain?
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Ok i'm ganna just put a tiny little disclamer here cause *if* it dosnt work or you find your alergic to something i suggested to you then you dont come back and yell at me.

These are just suggestions if you get sick or it dosnt work its not my falt. You are useing these suggestions at your own will.

Blah Blah.

Sorry I am just afraid to suggect things like this to people because i dont know what there alergic too or anything like that.

Headaches - Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincence, Lavender, Marjoram, Pepermint*, and Rosemary*

( * - The ones with the * besidethem are proven and accepting in the clinics of europ to be effictive. )

I like useing pepermint but if you like the way some of the others smell you can use them as well.
Put about 5 drops in 1 oz of oil ( vegitiable oil will work and its cheeper )
Apply to tempals and forhead. You can also put a little on a hankerchife and slowly breath it.
When you get the aromatherapy oil make sure it is oil and NOT fragrence oil. It should say something like 90% - 100% pure oil on the bottle.
Wal-mart and drug stores sell the oil sometimes. I found some Eucalyptus oil at walmart last year. I'm sure if you have any drugstores close you can get it there. Thats the only one on the list i have gotten at a drug store. But there is a posability Pepermint mite be at one as well.

Also health stores have the oils by i think the brand NOW , thay also carry carrier oils. There are many differnt types and if you become intrested in aromatherapy i can help you with what oil use best for what thing, but i use almond oil (can get at some food stores but i got mine at a health store) or just vegitable oil(walmart).

Hope this helps!
Merry Part
~Addalaide
wiccan_butterfly

Addalaide wrote:Ok i'm ganna just put a tiny little disclamer here cause *if* it dosnt work or you find your alergic to something i suggested to you then you dont come back and yell at me.

These are just suggestions if you get sick or it dosnt work its not my falt. You are useing these suggestions at your own will.

Blah Blah.

Sorry I am just afraid to suggect things like this to people because i dont know what there alergic too or anything like that.

Headaches - Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincence, Lavender, Marjoram, Pepermint*, and Rosemary*

( * - The ones with the * besidethem are proven and accepting in the clinics of europ to be effictive. )

I like useing pepermint but if you like the way some of the others smell you can use them as well.
Put about 5 drops in 1 oz of oil ( vegitiable oil will work and its cheeper )
Apply to tempals and forhead. You can also put a little on a hankerchife and slowly breath it.
When you get the aromatherapy oil make sure it is oil and NOT fragrence oil. It should say something like 90% - 100% pure oil on the bottle.
Wal-mart and drug stores sell the oil sometimes. I found some Eucalyptus oil at walmart last year. I'm sure if you have any drugstores close you can get it there. Thats the only one on the list i have gotten at a drug store. But there is a posability Pepermint mite be at one as well.

Also health stores have the oils by i think the brand NOW , thay also carry carrier oils. There are many differnt types and if you become intrested in aromatherapy i can help you with what oil use best for what thing, but i use almond oil (can get at some food stores but i got mine at a health store) or just vegitable oil(walmart).

Hope this helps!
thank you i will take pride and joy in all this and copy it down, send it to my moms email, and print it, thank you so much, but if you have anything else on oils or such, can you please email me or PM me please
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I got the information from my books, thay have information on all the carrier oils and what types of oils to use for what types of symptomes.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
wiccan_butterfly

well what is your book called, it seems very intresting
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Aromatherapy A-Z by: Connie& Alan Highley and Pat Leathem
Essential Aromatherapy & The complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Wormwood ( i think the sisters have some together and some sperate )

I also have Ortho's Guide to Herbs
Merry Part
~Addalaide

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”