Need help with self-dedication ritual

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Scorpius

Need help with self-dedication ritual

Post by Scorpius »

Hello, I hope everyone is doing okay. I'm wanting to dedicate myself to Wicca and was wondering if someone here could recommend a self-dedication ritual or help me construct one?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help with self-dedication ritual

Post by Firebird »

Hi Scorpius,
This question comes up frequently.
I think first meditate on what your reasons are for coming to this path so you are completely clear beforehand .
Then I used our search feature so you could browse the many thoughts on the topic.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... dedication
Happy hunting! let us know if you need clarification on anything.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi Scorpius. (oops-I put my glasses on &'reread your post) you've mentioned a Wiccan self-dedication & some things to consider might be:

.Timing - Moon phase, special date, relevance to annual agricultural cycles? Day or night?
.Weather forecast
.Location - indoor site purification & setting, or outdoors site location, prep & travel to & from
.Is burning safe/permitted (if needed)?
.What gear is required to set up? Do you have it? How will you transport it to & from the site?
.What tools does your path use? If you have them, will you consecrate them at the same ceremony or separately before dedication? Will you disregard tools for now?
.Will you ritually bathe ahead of time or on-site & Is water available?
.Will you work sky clad or wear a robe? Other garb? How will you prepare your ritual garb?
.How will you raise energy & open the rite?
.Will you create sacred space by broom sweeping <~widdershins & then point & cast deosil~>; or not use a circle?
.What specifically will you dedicate to: a period of study? To a green lifestyle? To a traditional belief system? To specific deities - who? or Will you include a petition to a patron for assistance on your path instead?
.Do you want formal speeches written in advance or spontaneous, straight from the heart?
.Will you take a magical persona name now? Later? Not needed?
.Will you include The Wiccan Rede? Something specific to your path?
.Will you include ancestral lineage? Ex: "I (your name), child of (mother's name), child of (grandmother), child of (great-grandmother) do so swear..."
.Will you charge/bless a commemorative pendant, ring or other talisman or memento?
.What will your ritual offering be? Cakes & Ale, fruit, grains, juice or water? Specific to a deity?
.Where will you leave the offering?
.How will you close the rite & ground the energy?
.Extinguish all flames & coals (if used). Pack up & exit the site leaving no sign of your actions.
.What will you do after the dedication rite to celebrate? Consider some options depending on your mood (ie., crying or ear-to-ear grinning) when you've concluded the rite.

Hope this helps. Feel free to holler if you need clarification.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I'm going to do this on Beltane night and asked about it myself. Very good posts above! I will give you the generic advice, search online and pick the things that feel right for you to do. Keep your intentions clear and strong and your dedication shall be heard. :)
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
barker

Post by barker »

Declare your intent-theory-choice... :)

Wicca is 'unique' - most other religions don't tolerate that word. So it's in u.
barker

Post by barker »

barker wrote:Declare your intent-theory-choice... :)

Wicca is 'unique' - most other religions don't tolerate that word. So it's in u.
P.S. I am not a practicing wiccan as of yet, however I initiated may be by the spirits and an old high priest of wicca... I suppose it's not about religion to me anyway - I just consider religion "proof of spirituality" - I have some (proof) but not all, in wicca. Most of my proof is in atheism actually, which is sun, moon, earth... yada yada yada…

Uniqueness is definitely key. :)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”