fairies love milk!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Binglian

fairies love milk!

Post by Binglian »

When I was little, I got my hands on a little fairy book talks about how to interact and find fairies in your own garden. The book seems really interesting, and I still remember that the author talks about finding little fairy rings in your garden after a rain indicates potential fairy lives in your garden. And those fairy rings are made by the dancing fairies. There is one part where she said to offer milk to the fairies so they can come in your garden because fairies love milk. She also mentioned to plant blue bells to attract fairies. If there are random bluebells grows in your garden when you never planted them, and there is no bluebells in the neighbours, there might potentially be fairies living in your garden. Of course I have never try them before, and I don't think fairies can plant bluebells. But it's just so interesting every time I see a fairy ring or a bluebell.

Just want to share this if anyone is interested.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: fairies love milk!

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bluebells are so pretty. I've had gardening "help" in years past from the squirrels planting the occasional sunflower & redistributing the lily bulbs. I've put out milk & cake that disappear fast.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Foxglove is another plant the fairies love, they use the flower as hats. Terribly poisonous though.
Besides milk they love honey, sparkling things or gifts of crystals and coins as well as anything that is found in nature, ie; rocks feathers, twigs, seeds etc...
Change out floral gifts when they begin to look shabby. They want their offering area to be beautiful.
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Foxglove is very pretty, but very toxic. It can cause fatal heart arrhythmias, and is sometimes referred to as digitalis plant.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

I have no idea what foxgloves are actually. But I instantly recognised the shape of the flower as a fairy hat in some cartoon I have seen as a kid! They are really beautiful and I can see why fairies love them!

I am tempted to offer some milk, honey and cakes to the nature now!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I used to have foxglove in my garden & it has a pleasant fragrance on a sunny day. About 1/2 the plant's with the prettiest blooms are toxic if consumed. Here nightshade & polk weed with their berries grow wild in the alley.

Back to fairies - the wee folk like a beer now & then.

One year for my birthday I'd baked a single layer spice cake & frosted it with butter cream frosting. I love spice cake but it was so unbearably sweet all I ate was one piece. I'd sliced the rest & set 'em in a circle on the ground under a tree that I could see from my kitchen window. What a field day the birds, mice, opossum, raccoon & squirrels had with that. I saw a squirrel washing the frosting from its face in the morning dew. What a night they'd had! And a great birthday party.
Yellow diamond light

Post by Yellow diamond light »

Have only ever seen a light elve and a fairy/Pixy once, I was taking a bag with me every day on way to gym to pick litter up on way, after about 3days on my way something started flying around my head I freaked a bit as I initially thought it was a wasp until I realised it was pure gold. Flew away after about 5secs. And later that night I awoke to see a 1ft elve walking away from my bed and disappeared behind the wardrobe same golden colour and every step it took little gold coloured dust would fall off..
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I must be part fairy because I looooovvvveeee milk! I can drink milk anytime, anywhere. I love cheese too. In fact, cheese is my favorite food and since it’s made from milk it’s relevant.. haha.

I have never seen a fairy. I’ve seen an “angel” before, and I’ve seen an alien (resembled a grey) once in my bathroom, scared the hell out of me so I posted here and someone told me they sometimes get in through our mirrors. I instantly created a spell (I’m eclectic and so I make my own spells and rituals for the most part) and put a “lock” on all my mirrors.

In the last 4 years I have really become quite the gardener. I have two generations of female gardeners on mine and also on my husband’s side of the family who see me as the one who will hold all the gardening knowledge and pass on to me often, more than necessary or asked for, haha! So my skills improved quickly being given so much knowledge by others. But, I haven’t seen any fairies yet.

I also haven’t tried to attract them though either. I do put things in my garden to attract frogs, similar to how you would see people put homes and pools out for fairies. I buy old coffee mugs at thrift stores for $.25 and bury them, handle in the ground with the opening left over slightly and pack dirt inside to create a little “frog condo”. I look for items that could be buried up to their rim and make good frog pools as well and I get lots of frogs, so maybe I should try to attract fairies and see what I get?

I’d like to think that fairies are responsible for all of the items I loose or misplace. That feels better than feeling like I’m so forgetful I can’t keep up with my stuff but if you ask my husband, I am the only one to blame for my scattered mind and items, lol.

Rosie
Blu-Luna

Post by Blu-Luna »

I am so happy I found this thread! I loved reading it! Say, Binglian, you don't happen to remember the name of said fairy book? I think my grand-kids would really dig it!
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I wonder if blue bell is what we call in Finnish Cat bell? The little blue bell shaped flowers which grow in meadows? I wonder if our little people could be attracted in the same ways, at least the tradition and folklore is very much alike. :)
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”