Crystal Soap

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
birublackzoey

Crystal Soap

Post by birublackzoey »

https://www.crystalbarsoap.com/

Fantastic idea, and also you get a keepsake crystal after the bar is done!

Shame I am not in the US!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crystal Soap

Post by Firebird »

You know what I do with all those little bars of soap one get at the motels/hotels?
Get a cheese shredder and grate all the bars in to a bowl and then add a few drops of water (water is depending on how much soap you have grated)
Then I have many stones to choose from, so depending on what sort of energy you wish to bring in, one can use specific stones for healing or energy etc... Anyway as a standard I use small crystals.
Mush your soap flakes and water until you have a sticky consistency that is not too wet/mushy. grab a small handful of the stuff and pat it together some, place the stone in about the center and start to form a ball. Compress until you have a nice round ball. Then let them dry for several days.
This is a fun project to do with the kids, and if one doesn't have bars and bars of those little soaps, the dollar store is a great place to get a few. It nice to mix and match the colors too. I like a whiteish bars with some of those transparent bars mixed in, makes for a nice looking soap ball.
To get even more creative add a wee amount of herb or oil to the mix before you make the balls.
Also an egg crate works to set the balls in while they dry. Turning a few times as they dry.
blessings, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
birublackzoey

Post by birublackzoey »

Great Idea!!

I love a soap ball, than a bar - it feels more organic to use in the shower.

With an added stone set as intention, it should feel even better.

Thanks, FF!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Your welcome! You could even make them on certain moon phases for more specific energies to the magic balls! :fairy:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Just don't use obsidian (unless it's an Apache Tear). That one BITES (SHARP)!
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!
Lephwyn

Post by Lephwyn »

This is an awesome idea! I never did think of using the hotel soaps that way, firebirdflys, so thank you for the suggestion.

I guess it goes without saying that there would need to be some care put into which stones are used for the soap since some of them are not suited to get wet or contain harmful minerals that could irritate the skin/make one sick.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

:D glad you like it.
For an even more special ball, make them on a moon phase. Full Moon Balls...LoL that just sounds ummm, loaded, Bwahahahahahah...oooops :mrgreen:

By the way, there aren't many stones that you cannot use, ie; toxic, like cinnabar. Even fluorite is ok to use. Some stones might break down a bit if exposed to moisture like selenite, but for the most part I use clear or smoky quartz, rose quartz, amethyst, fluorite and a variety of tumbles stones usually agate of some sort.

and like Ed said Ouch...no super sharp shards!! tumbled obsidian would be fine.

BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lephwyn

Post by Lephwyn »

Genius! hehe Full Moon Balls! I love the idea of moon phases. I smell a craft project in my near future! I was thinking of maybe even adding some homegrown herbs to the soaps. I think rose petals would work lovely with a rose quartz for some lovey-dovey soaps. Amethyst and lavender for some soothing time maybe.

This would also be a fun way to gift stones to loved ones, kind of like those mystery candles where you have to burn them down before you find the ring. My co-workers were really into the ring candle thing for a while.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh ya! I remember those candles!
We also made some candles with stones in them. You have to pour in layers or else it sinks to the bottom, a project for next Imbolc perhaps?!
I really love making to soap balls though. After they've dried they can be wrapped in wax paper and tied with jute for a cutsie gift.
:fairy:
Bb, ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”